Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

32 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I couldn’t be happier with that performance. They DOMINATED a good opponent on the road. That was the best coached game of McDermott’s tenure IMO. His team was so ready to go. Defense was incredible. The OL was dominant. The running game was really good. Josh made a few throws. Shakir looks like a player. That was a fantastic effort. 

What set the tone? First drive. Let's go for it on 4th down.

Oh crap, we're all messed up. Ok, let's take a time out and think about it.

Right, so we thought about it. I think you need to get out there and run the damn 4th down play.

Result was the first touchdown and even when the Dolphins tied it, the confidence was there that said "we're going to do what we want to do and you're not stopping us."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agreed re Tony G. Also, real easy too for Tony G to say that after playing for like 20 years in the NFL. 

Everything that comes out of Tony G’s mouth on Amazon broadcasts is always wrong. How he has a job is beyond me. He’s a borderline idiot. He also picks against the Bills everytime they’ve played on Amazon. Which just also confirms my earlier description of him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

it’s terrible. I hate these TNF broadcasts on Prime. Hard to pause and rewind too, or switch to watch something else during breaks. 

It's going to 100% piss me off at some point when I eventually want to switch back/forth between football and a Sabres game and can't.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

If you're Miami and you can't beat the bills now, when are you gonna beat them? Lol.

- Josh playing with a hand that was clearly bothering him 

I'm not sure that the hand was bothering Allen all that much.  He took a lot of snaps from under center and he made a couple of wow throws like the one to Shakir where Poyner had the PF and the 34 yard dart to Johnson.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

It’s reported every day on the injury report. Says hand injury. They don’t have to specify that exact severity of an injury. Just the injury location and his game time availability. 

I really couldn't hear him well because of the fans in the background but it sounded like he said that his hand is not broken so that's a good thing at least.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

I really couldn't hear him well because of the fans in the background but it sounded like he said that his hand is not broken so that's a good thing at least.

Right. But also realize Josh wouldn’t admit it if there was a broken bone in his hand either. 

• Agree 3

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm not sure that the hand was bothering Allen all that much.  He took a lot of snaps from under center and he made a couple of wow throws like the one to Shakir where Poyner had the PF and the 34 yard dart to Johnson.

I think it was more just he didn't wanna run/the coaches didn't want him to run.

Like he slid down on one play. (He never slides against Miami)

And on one 3rd and 1 they threw out of the shot gun. Usually that's an automatic QB sneak from Josh 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

I think it was more just he didn't wanna run/the coaches didn't want him to run.

Like he slid down on one play. (He never slides against Miami)

And on one 3rd and 1 they threw out of the shot gun. Usually that's an automatic QB sneak from Josh 

His hand is absolutely not even close to 100% and it is bothering him. They are just trying to survive and advance each week and hope it heals up as fast as possible. Until then, I think we see a curtailed Josh as we saw tonight. Worked out great tonight though. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Simon said:

I wouldn't walk away from multi-generational wealth that could help my family and community, regardless of the consequences.

I won't second-guess Tua if he doesn't either.

The money he has, with the guaranteed part, is plenty for several families and generations. Now his health should be his and his family's priority. 

Nice kid, decent QB but it's now very clear he can't stay away from injuries. 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Spector played well IMO. If we accidentally found another good LB here we might be really dangerous 

I think Spector played pretty well at the end of last season, it was a shame he got her in the playoff game against Pitt... But I think he'll be fine at Mike until TB gets back. 

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I can’t remember a guy suffering multiple concussions with involuntary motion like that let alone in that short a time frame 

It really is troubling.  This story is not going away anytime soon.  I hope he makes the right decision whatever that ends up being.