Week 2 - Bills at Fins - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

So is there anyway that Bernard can have a non serious pec injury? Is partial tear a thing and he's back in 6 weeks? I have no idea and maybe someone here does, but I'm bracing myself for bad news tomorrow. Does anyone know best case scenario?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BigDingus said:

Is this the first time Josh has gone 2 straight regular season games without an INT?

I'm not trying to be funny, but I think he finally broke the curse!

It's easy when they don't throw the ball.

A defense without Milano, that then lost T Johnson and now Bernard has given up 13 points in the last 6 quarters of football.

To all those who say there are no elite players on the Bills, Benford, Douglas, Groot and Oliver would like to have a word with you.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

10) Love Poyer but he's no longer "All Pro Po", made me a bit verklempt even though it's good for our team

That angle he took on the TD where Cook ran away from him was the kind of thing that makes a fella think it's about time for me to hang 'em up. :(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 10

11 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

So is there anyway that Bernard can have a non serious pec injury? Is partial tear a thing and he's back in 6 weeks? I have no idea and maybe someone here does, but I'm bracing myself for bad news tomorrow. Does anyone know best case scenario?

Yes, a partial tear is a thing.  In 2020 Milano had a partial tear, no surgery, and missed 2 games.  That was too few, and he may have re-injured or aggravated it; he wound up on IR for 3 games and then was worked back over the next 3.  Overall missed 5 games and was ineffective for 2.

Hopefully the Bills will learn something from that and be more conservative with Bernard.  If they'd have put Milano onto IR directly, he would have missed less time overall I believe, 4 weeks and limited the next 2 or something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, GASabresIUFan said:

A defense without Milano, that then lost T Johnson and now Bernard has given up 13 points in the last 6 quarters of football.

To all those who say there are no elite players on the Bills, Benford, Douglas, Groot and Oliver would like to have a word with you.

I agree. Pretty dam impressive. And most of those kudos have to go to McDermott. He's doing a great job do far and I haven't been his biggest fan since 13 seconds.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

6) Allen gave me heart palpitations with a couple of those throws late in the game.   It's hard to argue with 68% completion, but he really does need to throw it away or eat it at times.  We're lucking *****y we didn't have some picks.  Yeah, push it but "know when to say when".  I hope they read him the riot act in the film room....

7) ....though Allen IS a mother*****in' One Man Riot.  OMG the athleticism of that man - elevates right over the Dolphins bench AND the trashcan behind it!  My heart!

Happy Birthday Beck Water!

Yeah when you think about all of the hard, slippery, tangly, and irregularly shaped objects on the sidelines... man I wish he would have thrown the ball away much earlier on that play. Way too much potential for a bad outcome running full speed towards a bench area.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Yeah, he took out Tua by letting him run head first into his chest.

I honestly think the injury happened when he cracked the back of his head off the grass. Looked like a whipping motion in slow mo. 

26 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Thompson gave the Bills all they could handle at home in the playoffs. 

That’s, uh, an interesting recollection of Skylar Thompson’s performance that game. 

18/45 for 220 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT

He put together 1 drive that went over 40 yards… otherwise their scoring drives started from…

Miami 40 (Tyler Bass Kickoff Out of Bounds) 

Buffalo 48 (Josh Allen INT)

Buffalo 27 (Cedrick Wilson Punt Return)

Buffalo 18 (Josh Allen INT) 

Oh, they also scored on a fumble-6 by Zach Sieler to open the 2nd half. 

If Josh didn’t randomly glitch during that game, it had the makings of the Patriots playoff game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

Meanwhile over at FinHeaven fans are fixing to jump off a bridge lol

I wouldn't do that if I were them.  Or at least think carefully.

Q: how do you tell whether or not there's an alligator in a Florida waterway?

A: you touch it.  If the water is wet, there's an alligator in it

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ten quick points after the game:

1) BILLS WIN!  Can't say anything sweeter than that

2) Happy Birthday To Me (was yesterday, but I'll take this as a nice belated present)

3) Ladies and Gentlemen....tread softly now BUT THE BILLS SEEM TO HAVE A PASS RUSH!  Under pressure dum du da dum da!
4) Let James Cook!!!!
5) Along with that pass rush...WE SEEM TO HAVE A RUN GAME!

Concerns:

6) Allen gave me heart palpitations with a couple of those throws late in the game.   It's hard to argue with 68% completion, but he really does need to throw it away or eat it at times.  We're lucking *****y we didn't have some picks.  Yeah, push it but "know when to say when".  I hope they read him the riot act in the film room....

7) ....though Allen IS a mother*****in' One Man Riot.  OMG the athleticism of that man - elevates right over the Dolphins bench AND the trashcan behind it!  My heart!
😎 I saw so many guys reading wrong and miscues on our D (yeah, even me, even on the televised broadcast).  Hopefully we can continue to improve week to week.  And even so, we had enough ..... in part because WE SEEM TO HAVE A PASS RUSH!
9) WTF was it with our players slipping and sliding all over the place out there?  The Dolphins didn't seem to be having as much problem.  I saw Cam Lewis slip and fall on his ass on that Achane TD, other defenders as well.  Do our equipment guys need to go to Cleat School or lay in a different set of cleats, or do we need to spray down our practice field so our players get used to it or what?

And finally:
10) Love Poyer but he's no longer "All Pro Po", made me a bit verklempt even though it's good for our team

I think Bass was kind of a "slip sliding away" victim on that late miss

Two words:  Pass Rush.  They were not expecting what they got from us.  And even so Tua hit the hot read and they broke contain on us what, half a dozen times?  Then we adjusted to that and Tua had to start running, which was.....Not a good idea.

I think you’re being a little hard on Josh none of those balls that were incompletions other then maybe the attempted throw to Coleman where in any danger of being picked. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Just got extended through like 2028 I think. 

With the way Skylar Thompson has generally looked (not bad until tonight), I'd argue McDaniel can run a successful offense even without the questionable talents of Tua. Thompson gave the Bills all they could handle at home in the playoffs. 

Something was way off tonight for them. Was it facing a Bills defense who FULLY understands how to "contain" them? Or was it facing a Bills defense who fully understands how to "contain" and frustrate Tua, specifically?

(Separately, I'm still not seeing the relentless "arms up" postures I need to see from our condor EDGE guys as they rush and contain, tbh.) Rousseau and Epenesa need to be practicing pass rush moves with their arms up and out like basketball players defending an inbound play. Those dudes are a million feet long. They can disrupt tremendously without winning pass rush reps cleanly. 

Fully agree about the arms up. I’ve been screaming at the tv about that for years. Our guys are obviously not coached to rush with arms up. I wonder why that is? I genuinely would like to hear McD talk about why that’s not something he prioritizes with his D linemen. Teams do it to us quite regularly. And even with a 6’5 QB, Allen gets his fair share knocked down during the course of a season. But we generally do not seem to try to do the same thing very often, which makes you wonder if it’s coaching and why McD prefers they don’t do this.