9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

Schopp & the Bulldog actually making a great point right now..

Vivid Seats estimates 44% of tickets sold to Bills fans based on zip code analysis.

Given how many Bills fans live in driving distance, Bills fans should easily be the majority in that stadium tonight.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Try to have fun watching the game tonight. Even if they lose, it's not the end of the world. We can get even in November.

This is like the superbowl for the Dolphins. We have wrecked their seasons for years. The game is a lot bigger for them than for us. That could be a deciding factor.

That being said, I think the Bills will win. Josh Allen owns them.

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Prediction?  Prediction?

Great line.  C’mon, ain’t so bad, ain’t so bad.  I’m officially watching this 30 minutes before the game so I can have an aneurism tonight with excitement/rage.

Bleep the Fish.

🤣 it is a great line.

i don’t know- no prediction.  I’m holding off any type of judgement until we play a defense with nfl on it.  Playing az doesn’t prove much to me.

I’m hoping 17 puts on a show like he always does vs Miami.  I think how we handle their blitz likely determine our fate.  If Josh is on fire- we win.  If the blitz gets to him and he gets a TO or 2, I think we’ll lose.

I have faith that McD and Babich will put something together that will keep it competitive either way-  if Josh is on fire, our d will probably get torched.  If Josh isn’t playing well, our d will hopefully us keep us in the game.  Another game decided by less than 6 points either way

23-20 good guys

I think the Bills can move the ball on Miami.  Just need to avoid the slow starts.  Seems obvious Defense in the key - confuse / slow down Tua with pre-snap looks and make him uncomfortable with pressure.  The middle of our defense is the big variable: LBs, slot CB and safeties.  It could be ugly but I'm hoping for the best.

8 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Try to have fun watching the game tonight. Even if they lose, it's not the end of the world. We can get even in November.

That's my energy tonight.  When i glanced at the schedule in July I had Arizona as a W of course and this game marked as an L.   So this is house money if the Bills win.  We've messed up Miami's season for years now.  It's a gigantic game for the Fins, they have to prove to themselves they can beat Buffalo, let alone consistently.

I'll sit back and enjoy this one.  I think both teams move the ball well and Keon gets his first TD catch tonight.

9 minutes ago, Radar said:

Sorry but I'm thinking Miami takes this. Our secondary gives up big yards and can't cover. If Tua stays upright they will eat us through the air.

The Bills offense should also be able to move the ball. Run the ball and control the clock. Keep Tua and Tyreek on the sidelines as much as possible.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just re-watched the game and I'm realizing that game could have been lost right until the end. Yeah we bounced back from 17-3 down, but that Roughing the QB call bailed us out in the 2Q.  Even that last pass could have been a PI. Weird play calling by AZ was a huge reason for that win. We can't be screwing around like that against Miami.

Just like that roughing the QB call gave them a TD on their drive. 

4 hours ago, stuvian said:

Dolphins always play us tough but without a healthy Mostert or Achane where will their ground game come from? I think we can force Tua into third and longs where he will get acquainted with our newly discovered pass rush.

I'm more afraid of what intel Poyer has to share than anything else. I can't believe Calais Campbell is still playing. It feels like he's been around since pre-internet times.

Looking for Coleman's first TD and lots of Cook so that Josh doesn't have to be Mr Everything Every Week. 

There is nothing much Poyer can tell them that isnt on film already.  Maybe some communication stuff on D? If the Bills are smart, they would have changed that stuff already.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Schopp & the Bulldog actually making a great point right now..

Vivid Seats estimates 44% of tickets sold to Bills fans based on zip code analysis.

Given how many Bills fans live in driving distance, Bills fans should easily be the majority in that stadium tonight.  

Miami has no home field advantage besides architecture.

They'd be better of playing in front of empty bleachers.  

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

I just wish our ST was better. At 31-20 I was ready to relax and then the KO return for TD made it more nervous than it had to be.

Hopefully he just kicks it through the endzone everytime. I was worried about it last week and was saying "Please just kick it through the end zone" in the GDT.  Then he didnt and nothing happened.  Then I said it again and he didnt again and AZ got the return.  I know it was windy but Bass doesnt seem to have a leg anymore.  Its just a matter of time that it continues to cost us... again.

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is, IMO a BIG key for tonight. Achane being out would be a HUGE help. It sounds like he will play though. 

I personally feel like he is the best and most explosive player on their offense. Yes, over Hill and Waddle. My only knock on him is he's hurt a lot. 

They'll shoot him up and he will be fine.  He's gonna feel it though.  

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Bills offense should also be able to move the ball. Run the ball and control the clock. Keep Tua and Tyreek on the sidelines as much as possible.

True. If they are successful doing that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Miami has no home field advantage besides architecture.

They'd be better of playing in front of empty bleachers.  

Heat and humidity.  I really hate these road games in Miami early in the season and after a short week.