9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

100% agree and we will get him moving in the pocket. It won't be bigger chunks but I expect we get him pressured 3-4 times. Tua has improved his game a lot over the last year and change. 

I don't know why but when we think of Miami QB's we judge harshly. Pennington, Tannehill, and others often got ***** on more than deserved. 

At the end of the day, he still has significant limitations physically which is why when it's on him to win it late in games, he usually doesn't because that's when teams say "F it, we are taking everything else away, you beat us".  He rarely does. See last year, Monday night, week 18.

Tua doesn't elevate other players, they elevate him...that's not a winning recipe for a franchise QB.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

At the end of the day, he still has significant limitations physically which is why when it's on him to win it late in games, he usually doesn't because that's when teams say "F it, we are taking everything else away, you beat us".  He rarely does. See last year, Monday night, week 18.

Oh, I 100% agree but believe a vast majority of Bills fans are stick their noses up at him because he's not perfect like Josh. All forgetting that we held our noses during the drought. 

28 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

I think people are forgetting that Mike White and his knowledge of the Dolphin's offensive scheme is now employed by OBD. Sure PO is going to help their defense, but I'd be willing to bet Mike White has brought extremely valuable information as well. 

You can tell them what's going to happen but they still have to physically stop Josh Allen from doing it. Knowing how to stop something and physically being able to are two different things.

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You can tell them what's going to happen but they still have to physically stop Josh Allen from doing it. Knowing how to stop something and physically being able to are two different things.

On the other hand,,,, nobody knows Jordan Poyer's tendencies and exploit them more than Sean McDermott and Josh Allen :)

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Does anyone else watch Nick Wright's show?

I've seen so many TV analysts over the years. He's really the 1st guy that I'll literally dive for the remote for because I can't change the channel fast enough.  

He is awful

I confess I will hate watch his show just to see how he can shoehorn in a Bills/Allen sideways remark

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

Oh, I 100% agree but believe a vast majority of Bills fans are stick their noses up at him because he's not perfect like Josh. All forgetting that we held our noses during the drought. 

I think he is good, but limited...he will win you games but will not get you past wildcard weekend most years because they will usually be on the road since I don't see them winning the division while Allen is here.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m weak 😂

I know the joke was about him being catfished, but, listening to the clip, he knows enough and makes some reasonable points here. Truth is, we really don’t know anything about these new look Bills yet. That said, I don’t fear the dolphins. They can absolutely beat us, but so can we absolutely beat them. I’ll probably get a little more anxious closer to game time, but I’m not worried about it. More excited to see how the new look Bills stack against our closest division rival. 

57 minutes ago, ytownblofan said:

I think people are forgetting that Mike White and his knowledge of the Dolphin's offensive scheme is now employed by OBD. Sure PO is going to help their defense, but I'd be willing to bet Mike White has brought extremely valuable information as well. 

Plus White was with the Dolphins THIS preseason.   PO was in Miami all summer. 

First play, Allen with the scramble, Poyer comes in for the tackle, ends up blocking Ramsey so Allen can scamper and score.

He takes off his pads, screams Buffalo 4eva, and Antonio Brown's himself out of the stadium.  Miami is stunned and defeated

One could hope

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

First play, Allen with the scramble, Poyer comes in for the tackle, ends up blocking Ramsey so Allen can scamper and score.

He takes off his pads, screams Buffalo 4eva, and Antonio Brown's himself out of the stadium.  Miami is stunned and defeated

One could hope

That's some pretty strong weed you got there huh?

• Haha (+1) 4