9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

This is the first time since 2018 that I’m not nervous about the game. Am I just numb now? 

Why would you be numb?  That seems like a drought era response.

Edited by Beast

23 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I need the fire, Guns.  I'm sorry, I just need it.

I need this team to be so greedy with points that if they get up 31-7 at halftime the only thing I want them thinking about is "How do we get 7 more on the next drive?" and rinse and repeat for the rest of the second half.

Enough already, Let's Go!!

Agreed Donuts.  No mercy, no quarter.

you ever need rage, watch this.

GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING!

I can’t wait for tonight.

That was for you Donuts.  300 will rile up anyone who has a pulse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I look forward to the start of the season all year, and then when it starts I'm like, "why do I like football season again?"

Anxiety for days before the game even starts, and then the game itself is an exercise in nail-biting, covering my eyes, pacing around the room & generally acting like a lunatic.

Apparently, I think that's "fun."

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Special K said:

You got that right!

Florida has the best weather you could ask to live in from October to May, but it has the worst weather you to live with from June to October.

I think I speak for all Florida residents when I say the "Dry Season" can't get here soon enough!!

Go Bills!!!!

It's been ridiculous lately man.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I enjoy that if you are playing tennis or out for a run. You can get a nice cleanse and that feels great. 

Sweating thru your shirt as you are trying to get from your air conditioned car to your air conditioned place of work is much less enjoyable. 

Agreed - I prefer high humidity when I am playing sports outside (not a problem in NC) - work up a good sweat right away and feel like you're 'warmed up' right away.  Then sweating like crazy throughout makes me feel like I'm really getting a workout, and my body is removing some toxins in the process. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

doesn’t matter if the ball is out in under 1.5 seconds almost every time.

i can't believe the statue Tua narrative still exists like it did 2 and 3 years ago. the guy gets the ball out super quick now and scrambles wildly.

he's not going to run for more than 10 yards up field but he's going to run for 20 beyhind the LOS

I’m remarkably relaxed. I think the pressure is on the Fins to prove they can beat us. One guy in Poyer isn’t going to change the fact that Miami is a soft/finesse/weak team that chokes in big moments. Speaking of Poyer, as much as I love him I think McD knows exactly how to exploit his weaknesses which led to him not being retained. I’m sure he and Brady have schemed plenty of plays to put Jordan in a tough spot and see if he can make the plays.

As for offense, I think we can maul Miami’s defensive line and this may be a ground and pound, keep Tua/Tyreek off the field type of game. There’s going to be a lot of 12 personel and hopefully a sht-load more play action on first down after we get the running game going.

If they put Tyreek back on kickoffs I’d kick every ball out of the end zone or out of bounds. No way I want any of that smoke.

On defense, their O-line sucks but Tua gets the ball out so quick. Their weaknesses are their guards which plays into our strategy to get pressure up the middle, get Tua off his spot and first read. Oliver should feast and I bet we blitz the A/B gap plenty. I don’t expect Groot/Von/Aj to have a big game unless Tua holds the ball or tries to scramble out of the pocket. 

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, Special K said:

You got that right!

Florida has the best weather you could ask to live in from October to May, but it has the worst weather you to live with from June to October.

I think I speak for all Florida residents when I say the "Dry Season" can't get here soon enough!!

Go Bills!!!!

It’s extra hot today. Humidity is oppressive 

• Agree 1

Just now, boyst said:

i can't believe the statue Tua narrative still exists like it did 2 and 3 years ago. the guy gets the ball out super quick now and scrambles wildly.

he's not going to run for more than 10 yards up field but he's going to run for 20 beyhind the LOS

If we can get Tua running like that he will not have a good night.

I think people are forgetting that Mike White and his knowledge of the Dolphin's offensive scheme is now employed by OBD. Sure PO is going to help their defense, but I'd be willing to bet Mike White has brought extremely valuable information as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

I'm not overly worried about this game but I do wonder how much info Poyer has revealed about the Bills Defensive plans.

Miami can figure out what the Bills had done in the past.  And Poyer doesn’t know anything about the Bills’ plans for this game. 

2 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

I just looked at Fin Heaven for the first time ever. I'm used to our board yes,but theirs is very busy, bright, distracting, not comfortable on the eyes.

Anyone else agree? 

I like our emoji choices on the posters comments way better too. 

Kinda like the Dolphins team...

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It is crazy to watch that - how many times he just sold out his body and took on players to get extra yards, but also galloping free and faking guys out of their jock - all against a single team!  Unbelievable

• Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

100%.  If he can hit his first read all night, he will tear defenses apart.  But if has to move off his spot, if he has to hold the ball and move on to the second or third option then their offense is in trouble.  

34 minutes ago, Success said:

I look forward to the start of the season all year, and then when it starts I'm like, "why do I like football season again?"

Anxiety for days before the game even starts, and then the game itself is an exercise in nail-biting, covering my eyes, pacing around the room & generally acting like a lunatic.

Apparently, I think that's "fun."

My wife at the game last week "Why do you bring me to this? This is too stressful. I need to go home and relax."

• Haha (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

100% agree and we will get him moving in the pocket. It won't be bigger chunks but I expect we get him pressured 3-4 times. Tua has improved his game a lot over the last year and change. 

I don't know why but when we think of Miami QB's we judge harshly. Pennington, Tannehill, and others often got ***** on more than deserved. 

• Haha (+1) 1