9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

One of the coolest things when I went to Europe a few weeks ago and was on the first story of the Eiffel Tower where I saw a guy dressed in a Bills hat and T-Shirt walk by me and I was like "Go Bills!" and he responded with a British Accent "Go Bills Indeed!"

Turns out he was from Gloucestershire, UK and him and his buddies were huge Bills fans and apparently there is a small bar there that is a Bills bar that they go to and watch the games...

I told my wife that I guaranteed even in Europe we would see Bills fans and she was like "yeah right..."  

The look on her face was priceless after that 😂

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Many of you don't know this about me, but I'm a Bills fan.  A long time Bills fan going way, way back.

I will most certainly be rooting for the boys in red, white and blue tonight and I would just ask the rest of you to please do the same if you're so inclined, and if we are of like mind.

Please note I am no affiliated with, nor am I an employee of the Buffalo Bills, their organization or any other of their related entities.  I'm just a fan, as I stated above. 

EDIT:

I just got a text from @NoHuddleKelly12 saying, "Dude, not on game day.  What's wrong with you?  Stay focused.  We talked about this before.  Man...BTW, when are you wiring me that $10,000?!"*

* The last part, the part about the money, may not be true. **

** There's a good chance a lot of what I said about the text is made up.

GO BILLS!!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just re-watched the game and I'm realizing that game could have been lost right until the end. Yeah we bounced back from 17-3 down, but that Roughing the QB call bailed us out in the 2Q.  Even that last pass could have been a PI. Weird play calling by AZ was a huge reason for that win. We can't be screwing around like that against Miami.

Frankly, lots of games the Bills have won could have been lost had a few things turned out differently.  It's the nature of the game.

1 hour ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Absolutely.  Just like the facemask penalty that wiped out a Josh TD run in what I believe was the 2nd quarter.  It wasn't a 3rd down play but it took a potential 7 points off the board and Buffalo ended up settling for a made fg.  I feel like we left a lot out there against the Cardinals and hope we clean those plays up for tonight.  

Except it was a clear face mask. Definitely a legit penalty.  Ingram held up very well imo.  Zaven Collin’s was also whistled for a terrible roughing call on Josh, wiping out a sack.  I thought the calls evened out 

7 minutes ago, teef said:

it's called makeup, and it's because i don't wake up looking like this.

6 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

it would be cool if the buffalo bills won this football game tonight

Please know I love you both. And when my time is done here and I stand at the river to enter Stovokor (Klingon heaven) I shall raise my arms, shake them in rage and joy, and shout your names for all of this world, and the next, to hear.

However, that's for later.  For now let's just hope Josh can pick apart this defense as he normally  does, sprinkle in some effective running with Rey-Rey & The Cook, and make sure our D keeps the Dolphins' speedy WRs in check.

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, balln said:

Gonna be a shoot out - I hope. I think Miami will have no problem moving ball and scoring 

That's true, they did put up a whopping 20 against that vaunted Jags defense. You're giving them too much credit all the while being too hard on the Bills. 

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Prediction?  Prediction?

Great line.  C’mon, ain’t so bad, ain’t so bad.  I’m officially watching this 30 minutes before the game so I can have an aneurism tonight with excitement/rage.

Bleep the Fish.

I need the fire, Guns.  I'm sorry, I just need it.

I need this team to be so greedy with points that if they get up 31-7 at halftime the only thing I want them thinking about is "How do we get 7 more on the next drive?" and rinse and repeat for the rest of the second half.

Enough already, Let's Go!!

• Agree 1

One advantage IMO is that we've had the same guys in charge of the defense who have seen Tua and particularly Hill a million times now, and have had success. Dolphins keep changing D coordinators. Not that any of them were particularly successful against josh but still

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Its Florida.  40% chance of rain from June to October.

You got that right!

Florida has the best weather you could ask to live in from October to May, but it has the worst weather you to live with from June to October.

I think I speak for all Florida residents when I say the "Dry Season" can't get here soon enough!!

Go Bills!!!!

Edited by Special K
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't know what to expect from this one. Stats and data tell me "bills roll" we've won so many different ways against them. 

I think rain will favor us. 

Mostert and Achane out is huge. I'm not sure how the Tyreek incident will effect the game, but emotions and "must win" have been present in the past, and still the variable is the Bills go +400 yards. 

This is actually a bigger must win for Buff, given the upcoming schedule.

I think Bills shock some folks tonight and get it done. I think it will play out a lot like the Jan game last year, close w the Bills making more plays in the end. 

19 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Frankly, lots of games the Bills have won could have been lost had a few things turned out differently.  It's the nature of the game.

True. It is the NFL after all. Other teams make great plays too. But try not to help your opponent. Don't beat yourself.