9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea third down bailouts are bad…our beneficial roughing call negated what would’ve been a second and 19 if I remember correctly which is tough but convert-able.  Automatic first down on third on a blown call is about as bad as it gets 

Absolutely.  Just like the facemask penalty that wiped out a Josh TD run in what I believe was the 2nd quarter.  It wasn't a 3rd down play but it took a potential 7 points off the board and Buffalo ended up settling for a made fg.  I feel like we left a lot out there against the Cardinals and hope we clean those plays up for tonight.  

GO BILLS!!!

squish the fish , 

39 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I just wish our ST was better. At 31-20 I was ready to relax and then the KO return for TD made it more nervous than it had to be.

Yeah, same here. As soon as it got to 31-20 I was like "ok, let's just wrap this up", then boom KO return and it was basically back to the nerves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Dolphins always play us tough but without a healthy Mostert or Achane where will their ground game come from? I think we can force Tua into third and longs where he will get acquainted with our newly discovered pass rush.

I'm more afraid of what intel Poyer has to share than anything else. I can't believe Calais Campbell is still playing. It feels like he's been around since pre-internet times.

Looking for Coleman's first TD and lots of Cook so that Josh doesn't have to be Mr Everything Every Week. 

our pass rush won't get to him that much. our DL hasn't been that effective against him as he gains years of experience. he gets the ball out quickly, the play moves quickly. this means the game will be played too fast for Williams, the running speed will be too much for Hamlin, and the leverages will be too steep for Rapp to get into position, further.... our DL's best bet is to pressure a constant pocket and hands up as soon as possible to make a tall pocket. our cornerbacks have to play physical and i do not know our refs tonight. we have to hope the refs don't let them run toward the line. we have to hope our CB's can press them outside the hash.

if we get +2.5 sacks tonight we win. but i don't think we see more than 1.

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

our pass rush won't get to him that much. our DL hasn't been that effective against him as he gains years of experience. he gets the ball out quickly, the play moves quickly. this means the game will be played too fast for Williams, the running speed will be too much for Hamlin, and the leverages will be too steep for Rapp to get into position, further.... our DL's best bet is to pressure a constant pocket and hands up as soon as possible to make a tall pocket. our cornerbacks have to play physical and i do not know our refs tonight. we have to hope the refs don't let them run toward the line. we have to hope our CB's can press them outside the hash.

Don't be so sure. The ends will have a hard time getting there in time, but keep an eye on the interior of our Dline. Last week we had to play more contain against a speedy Murry. There was no pressure up the middle. But Tua is a completely different QB. He wants to stand in the pocket. There is going to a lot more pressure up the middle in this game in an attempt to make Tua move off of his spot. He absolutely hates that. There will be some timed blitzes too. Make no mistake, Tua is going to be seeing ghosts before this game is over.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, uninja said:

I won't be too concerned, we could start the season 2-2 and I'd still be alright. I'd rather they get the wrinkles sorted out early and round into form come November/December than start hot and get into that weird midseason slump this team has a tendency to fall into

I keep telling myself that trying to talk myself into it even... but alas... I am still gonna over react no matter what happens LOL. 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

True, but you can't count on things evening out. Don't let your opponent hang around next time.

All it would have taken was a PI call on the last play. We go to OT, or lose if AZ is aggressive and gets 2pts. Much too close.

Absolutely. The Bills had a chance to put that game out of reach, but they played not-to-lose by settling for a field goal.

You have to put your opponent away when you can.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, boyst said:

So this was not true last Sept bro. We got to Tua and Oliver and Daquan were forces of nature. I can only think of a couple games where the D line didn't play great. 

I agree Tua's gotten better. But they still mainly feast of bad teams or bad matchups. The Bills have proven to be neither of these. 

The guys you mentioned at S are both experienced w playing Miami. Not their first rodeo. 

The name of the game is always Miami inability to stop Buffalo O. We go over 400 many of these games. They can't stop us, so until they do, I'll favor Buff. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

i just went over to fin heaven to get the vibe.  all i know is that if miami loses this game tonight, those fans are going to be mentally and emotionally destroyed.  giddy up.

I just looked at Fin Heaven for the first time ever. I'm used to our board yes,but theirs is very busy, bright, distracting, not comfortable on the eyes.

Anyone else agree? 

I like our emoji choices on the posters comments way better too. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, boyst said:

I pretty much agree with you entirely. I think this is gonna be far more of a battle than a lot of folks on here want to admit. The deciding factor in this game (other than Josh) will be our D line.

I can already feel the indigestion kicking in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

So this was not true last Sept bro. We got to Tua and Oliver and Daquan were forces of nature. I can only think of a couple games where the D line didn't play great. 

I agree Tua's gotten better. But they still mainly feast of bad teams or bad matchups. The Bills have proven to be neither of these. 

The guys you mentioned at S are both experienced w playing Miami. Not their first rodeo. 

The name of the game is always Miami inability to stop Buffalo O. We go over 400 many of these games. They can't stop us, so until they do, I'll favor Buff. 

those games featured banged up WR's for miami. i think they're going to be very quick and calculated moving the ball up the field and will be forced to do so while keeping us honest with the rookie RB

we havea history of making no name new RB's look all pro

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Don't be so sure. The ends will have a hard time getting there in time, but keep an eye on the interior of our Dline. Last week we had to play more contain against a speedy Murry. There was no pressure up the middle. But Tua is a completely different QB. He wants to stand in the pocket. There is going to a lot more pressure up the middle in this game in an attempt to make Tua move off of his spot. He absolutely hates that. There will be some timed blitzes too. Make no mistake, Tua is going to be seeing ghosts before this game is over.

doesn’t matter if the ball is out in under 1.5 seconds almost every time.

34 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

keep in mind also that effective means stopping them from succeeding. and they have been able to succeed on offense against us. the problem they face losing to us is their defense is poop.

if history is accurate we could sack them 5 times and they'd still off the offensive succes..

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

doesn’t matter if the ball is out in under 1.5 seconds almost every time.

1.5 seconds? How often do you think that is going to be possible? Especially with the defense taking away his 1st read?