9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

True, but you can't count on things evening out. Don't let your opponent hang around next time.

All it would have taken was a PI call on the last play. We go to OT, or lose if AZ is aggressive and gets 2pts. Much too close.

Was it PI? Never did get a good view on replays.

i just went over to fin heaven to get the vibe.  all i know is that if miami loses this game tonight, those fans are going to be mentally and emotionally destroyed.  giddy up.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

True, but you can't count on things evening out. Don't let your opponent hang around next time.

All it would have taken was a PI call on the last play. We go to OT, or lose if AZ is aggressive and gets 2pts. Much too close.

That's exactly what the Bills did when the ST allowed the KO return for a TD. 

• Like (+1) 1

This game will be the most Interesting in the Josh Allen Era. No Milano, No Taron Johnson, No Hyde or Poyer which doesn't bode well for us stopping Waddle and Hill. The front is going to have to provide more pressure and actually get hits/ Sacks on Tua, and the LB's need to cover the middle well or we will have Hell stopping them tonight.  Josh is going to need to go full "I'm your daddy" Mode as well.

I feel we are going to need to score 40+ tonight, I hope I am really wrong.

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just re-watched the game and I'm realizing that game could have been lost right until the end. Yeah we bounced back from 17-3 down, but that Roughing the QB call bailed us out in the 2Q.  Even that last pass could have been a PI. Weird play calling by AZ was a huge reason for that win. We can't be screwing around like that against Miami.

They were letting the secondaries be pretty handsy all game…no shot they were making that call to close out a game.  Also the oline penalties were laughably one sided which I’ll never understand.  I thought Arizona got away with a lot there.  Probably would’ve scored a td every drive if they were letting us get away with as much 

dropping 30+ with that many procedural/holding penalties is pretty unheard of I feel like 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I believe it...

I lived in Saint Louis and have visited places down south in the summer quite a bit including Columbia, SC(the hottest place in the South with average July highs of 95) and Florida many times...

It's just brutal...like don't leave the air conditioning from 10am to 7pm brutal and walking out at 8am feels like you are getting punched in the face with the humidity.

I just went for a short walk and came back with a soaked t-shirt.  Keys to a win:  hydration, rotation, and lots of Coleman (he knows what it’s like down here).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They were letting the secondaries be pretty handsy all game…no shot they were making that call to close out a game.  Also the oline penalties were laughably one sided which I’ll never understand.  I thought Arizona got away with a lot there.  Probably would’ve scored a td every drive if they were letting us get away with as much 

What about the horrible roughing the passer call that benefited the Cardinals in the 1st qtr on a 3rd down play?  They went from attempting a field goal to scoring a touchdown.  That's a 3 to 7 point swing right there.  It works both ways.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

There was enough contact that it could have been called. It doesn't take much as we know.

You have to look at how it’s been called throughout the game imo…can’t just cherry pick one play late and say it could’ve been pi. The dbs know what they’re getting away with throughout the game and continue to play that way.  In a lot of these instances where people think theres a controversial pi no call late the secondaries are getting away with murder all game 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You have to look at how it’s been called throughout the game imo…can’t just cherry pick one play late and say it could’ve been pi. The dbs know what they’re getting away with throughout the game and continue to play that way.  In a lot of these instances where people think theres a controversial pi no call late the secondaries are getting away with murder all game 

All true. But I've been a Bills fan too long to ever rest easy.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

What about the horrible roughing the passer call that benefited the Cardinals in the 1st qtr on a 3rd down play?  They went from attempting a field goal to scoring a touchdown.  That's a 3 to 7 point swing right there.  It works both ways.

Yea third down bailouts are bad…our beneficial roughing call negated what would’ve been a second and 19 if I remember correctly which is tough but convert-able.  Automatic first down on third on a blown call is about as bad as it gets 

01j7k9hw4wcvatd4nyx5.jpg

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel admits Bills still 'own the division'

The Buffalo Bills have dominated the AFC East in the recent past, rattling off four straight division crowns. Their recent prowess against divisional foes was recently acknowledged by their Thursday night opponent.

Miami Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel told reporters that the division belongs to Buffalo until it doesn't during his Wednesday press conference, an idea he's using as motivation as his team prepares to host the Bills in a Week 2 Thursday Night Football clash.

"I think it’s pretty obvious, but you know, I think it’s also something that they have earned, and we would like to be in a situation where we’ve earned the same thing and there’s one way to do that, beat your division opponents.”

• Like (+1) 1