9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The humidity is ridiculous. Just sticky as soon as you go outside. 

I enjoy that if you are playing tennis or out for a run. You can get a nice cleanse and that feels great. 

Sweating thru your shirt as you are trying to get from your air conditioned car to your air conditioned place of work is much less enjoyable. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

If the Bills O-line is as good as I think they are, they put Miami in a bind defensively.  I think they are too much upfront for Miami.  Like last year with Wilkins Buffalo pretty much ran right at them.  I think Buffalo goes play action early to open of the offense.  They get a lead and bludgeon.  

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

Yeah, can you imagine they add 20 degrees because of the insane humidity? I played pickleball at 4pm, cloudy yesterday and it was brutal.

I believe it...

I lived in Saint Louis and have visited places down south in the summer quite a bit including Columbia, SC(the hottest place in the South with average July highs of 95) and Florida many times...

It's just brutal...like don't leave the air conditioning from 10am to 7pm brutal and walking out at 8am feels like you are getting punched in the face with the humidity.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This is not going to be an easy one. Gun to my head I say we win but my confidence level is like a 6/10. This would go a long way in winning this division. I was very optimistic about our defense going into the season. I really didn’t like that first half last week. We absolutely have to be better. Keep the run game going, play smart and you have to play lights out defense. Good tackling is imperative. You can’t make boneheaded mistakes on ST. You can’t play a sloppy game and get this one. Go Bills!

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

They did start slow being down 17-3. After that they outscored them 31-11 and the defense was much better in the 2nd half. Also, many teams don't play starters in the preseason at all. So, week 1 and week 2 is almost like preseason for the starters. That is why you see many teams look sloppy in the first couple of weeks. I also think the Bills win in a high scoring game. I got 34-31. It won't be an easy game as divisional rivalry games usually are tough especially on the road.

Just re-watched the game and I'm realizing that game could have been lost right until the end. Yeah we bounced back from 17-3 down, but that Roughing the QB call bailed us out in the 2Q.  Even that last pass could have been a PI. Weird play calling by AZ was a huge reason for that win. We can't be screwing around like that against Miami.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Dolphins always play us tough but without a healthy Mostert or Achane where will their ground game come from? I think we can force Tua into third and longs where he will get acquainted with our newly discovered pass rush.

I'm more afraid of what intel Poyer has to share than anything else. I can't believe Calais Campbell is still playing. It feels like he's been around since pre-internet times.

Looking for Coleman's first TD and lots of Cook so that Josh doesn't have to be Mr Everything Every Week. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just re-watched the game and I'm realizing that game could have been lost right until the end. Yeah we bounced back from 17-3 down, but that Roughing the QB call bailed us out in the 2Q.  Even that last pass could have been a PI. Weird play calling by AZ was a huge reason for that win. We can't be screwing around like that against Miami.

The roughing the passer on Murray that kept the Cards drive alive for the TD was also a BS call. To me it evened out. One BS call for and against.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I get that, but it's hard to say what would happen if only some things change. For instance, if we DIDN'T get the roughing call on Allen's sack...that potentially changes things we may do later in the game (i.e. be more aggressive). I think the Bills woke up and played better is what it came down to...hopefully they come out ready from the opening kickoff tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I get that, but it's hard to say what would happen if only some things change. For instance, if we DIDN'T get the roughing call on Allen's sack...that potentially changes things we may do later in the game (i.e. be more aggressive). I think the Bills woke up and played better is what it came down to...hopefully they come out ready from the opening kickoff tonight.

I just wish our ST was better. At 31-20 I was ready to relax and then the KO return for TD made it more nervous than it had to be.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Dolphins always play us tough but without a healthy Mostert or Achane where will their ground game come from? I think we can force Tua into third and longs where he will get acquainted with our newly discovered pass rush.

I'm more afraid of what intel Poyer has to share than anything else. I can't believe Calais Campbell is still playing. It feels like he's been around since pre-internet times.

Looking for Coleman's first TD and lots of Cook so that Josh doesn't have to be Mr Everything Every Week. 

I'm sure Mike White is giving the Bill's intel on the Dolphins too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The roughing the passer on Murray that kept the Cards drive alive for the TD was also a BS call. To me it evened out. One BS call for and against.

True, but you can't count on things evening out. Don't let your opponent hang around next time.

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

All it would have taken was a PI call on the last play. We go to OT, or lose if AZ is aggressive and gets 2pts. Much too close.

• Agree 2