9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

This is not going to be an easy one. Gun to my head I say we win but my confidence level is like a 6/10. This would go a long way in winning this division. I was very optimistic about our defense going into the season. I really didn’t like that first half last week. We absolutely have to be better. Keep the run game going, play smart and you have to play lights out defense. Good tackling is imperative. You can’t make boneheaded mistakes on ST. You can’t play a sloppy game and get this one. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This is not going to be an easy one. Gun to my head I say we win but my confidence level is like a 6/10. This would go a long way in winning this division. I was very optimistic about our defense going into the season. I really didn’t like that first half last week. We absolutely have to be better. Keep the run game going, play smart and you have to play lights out defense. Good tackling is imperative. You can’t make boneheaded mistakes on ST. You can’t play a sloppy game and get this one. Go Bills!

They did start slow being down 17-3. After that they outscored them 31-11 and the defense was much better in the 2nd half. Also, many teams don't play starters in the preseason at all. So, week 1 and week 2 is almost like preseason for the starters. That is why you see many teams look sloppy in the first couple of weeks. I also think the Bills win in a high scoring game. I got 34-31. It won't be an easy game as divisional rivalry games usually are tough especially on the road.

• Simon pinned this topic
5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s GAMEDAY!

Hey Miami! Daddy’s Home! 🐬 🦬 

Strange opportunity to play in south Florida early September and not be melting and sweltering in their egregiously designed stadium. Tonight, everyone will be out of direct sunlight and WEEKS of daily downpours have dropped the temps. 

Definitely better than the sun. But damn it's brutally humid here. I am 2 hours north of the stadium and my weather app says 86 today, feels like 103...because of the humidity. All that rain you mentioned.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Definitely better than the sun. But damn it's brutally humid here. I am 2 hours north of the stadium and my weather app says 86 today, feels like 103...because of the humidity. All that rain you mentioned.

Funnily enough, it will be almost as warm today here as it is down there...high of 85 today in Buffalo, obviously humidity far worse down there

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Funnily enough, it will be almost as warm today here as it is down there...high of 85 today in Buffalo, obviously humidity far worse down there

Yeah, can you imagine they add 20 degrees because of the insane humidity? I played pickleball at 4pm, cloudy yesterday and it was brutal.

5 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Lock in bro, get that nap, big game tonight

Thinking 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.

Wake up just in time for WGR 550 local coverage and TV national coverage.

The game meal is prepped.

I can wake up at 4:00 PM, kiss the wife goodnite and make my way to the ManCave for self-exile and reflection.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I know it’s not a must win for the season, but in terms of my outlook for the season… a win would make me view us as a legit contender, whereas currently .. I’m just not sure yet. 

I think this is exactly where I am at... I am hopeful, I am concerned, and I am not convinced yet... this game will help clarify where we are at... 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, JP51 said:

I think this is exactly where I am at... I am hopeful, I am concerned, and I am not convinced yet... this game will help clarify where we are at... 

I won't be too concerned, we could start the season 2-2 and I'd still be alright. I'd rather they get the wrinkles sorted out early and round into form come November/December than start hot and get into that weird midseason slump this team has a tendency to fall into

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1