9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Van De Mark seems to be a true C. Fantastic to have in a year or two, needs seasoning. Not bad in a later round pick

You’re thinking of Van Pran Granger. Van Demark was the swing tackle last year.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Doh!!!

In other news the activated Bishop at S. 

Both Bishop and Elma’s speed are desperately needed in this secondary. Right now they’ve gotta be the slowest in the league with both corners running mid 4.5s, a safety running mid 4.7 and the other running a 4.6. Actually, Douglas might be a 4.6 guy as well without looking it up. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Besides the drought and 13 seconds, many of us have lived through 1 win seasons, midseason collapses, the Home Run Throwback, not to mention Wide Right and 4 straight soul-crushing disappointments.  

I'm probably more than a little damaged.  

Oh Ya I agree! I'm not that young. I remember the 4 superbowls and the music city miracle. I think the fact that we've been close the last 4 years make it hard too. Like is this gonna be another year where we lose in the divisional round? Hope not obviously, but I just like the cautiously optimistic approach 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Both Bishop and Elma’s speed are desperately needed in this secondary. Right now they’ve gotta be the slowest in the league with both corners running mid 4.5s, a safety running mid 4.7 and the other running a 4.6. Actually, Douglas might be a 4.6 guy as well without looking it up. 

Douglas was a 4.59 as a rookie, doubtful he could do that these days, at 6-2 209 he is on the large side for a corner.

2 minutes ago, boater said:

Ugh. The Amazon broadcast is unwatchable. They should fire their audio engineers.

Agreed. What time is actual kickoff...gonna find something else to do till then.

GO BILLS!

6 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Many of you don't know this about me, but I'm a Bills fan.  A long time Bills fan going way, way back.

I will most certainly be rooting for the boys in red, white and blue tonight and I would just ask the rest of you to please do the same if you're so inclined, and if we are of like mind.

Please note I am no affiliated with, nor am I an employee of the Buffalo Bills, their organization or any other of their related entities.  I'm just a fan, as I stated above. 

EDIT:

I just got a text from @NoHuddleKelly12 saying, "Dude, not on game day.  What's wrong with you?  Stay focused.  We talked about this before.  Man...BTW, when are you wiring me that $10,000?!"*

* The last part, the part about the money, may not be true. **

** There's a good chance a lot of what I said about the text is made up.

GO BILLS!!

I’m just tryna take your 💰 to hold in escrow so that you don’t spend it all on draft kings tonight 🤔. Seriously though, GO AMERICA’S REAL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Oh Ya I agree! I'm not that young. I remember the 4 superbowls and the music city miracle. I think the fact that we've been close the last 4 years make it hard too. Like is this gonna be another year where we lose in the divisional round? Hope not obviously, but I just like the cautiously optimistic approach 

I hear you. Each team is different, and of course we have been good for the past 5 years. But when I see those uniforms, I not only see these Josh Allen-led teams, but I see every bad drought-era team as well. I see EJ Manuel. I see Kyle Orton. I see all those teams that went between 7-9 and 9-7 and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and for this franchise to go back to where it was. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Douglas was a 4.59 as a rookie, doubtful he could do that these days, at 6-2 209 he is on the large side for a corner.

They’ve gotta win with physicality and being in the right place at the right time, because none of them are winning in a foot race.