9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Problem with me is, I lived through the entire drought, as many of us did. But it did so much damage to my hope in the bills. Plus living through 13 seconds... Ya you get a little damaged. 

Besides the drought and 13 seconds, many of us have lived through 1 win seasons, midseason collapses, the Home Run Throwback, not to mention Wide Right and 4 straight soul-crushing disappointments.  

I'm probably more than a little damaged.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dick_Cheney said:

Not even close to the same comparison lol.

Why not? Every year we hear “this is the year” about Miami over taking the division. Then Josh Allen B word slaps them and they think they will have a chance in the rematch, and they lose by more

Josh Allen owns Miami just like Brady owned the Bills. The two losses were the heat stroke game and a dropped Clay play in the endzone 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Success said:

I think the difference in this game is the pressure we'll be able to get on Tua.

Hill & Waddle can be scary, but if you can get to Tua, their impact is much less.

I rewatched the week 18 game from 2023 earlier today on NFL Network.  Our defense was terribly depleted and we still held them to 14 points (yeah, I know Waddle and Mostert were out).  I'm not really scared of us getting boat-raced.

The one thing I noticed from that game was how good Diggs still was last year, even if he didn't always show up.  I know we've all rationalized here and tried to create a new narrative of the WR room getting better, but I suspect that we will all eventually miss Diggs, maybe sooner rather than later.

Dolphins have the advantage and need this win more than the Bills. Short week on the road and warm weather.  Everything favors Dolphins W at home. 

If we could steal one here would be huge and hurt their psyche when it comes to Allen owning their team. Hoping defense gets off to better start and doesn't put offense in a hole early.

Edited by billieve420
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Now that's the kind of football talk I wanna see

For now, I'm cool with Keon just focusing on catching the ball and putting it away.  He doesn't need to be re-adjusting his feet as he's catching it.  Just catch the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Why not? Every year we hear “this is the year” about Miami over taking the division. Then Josh Allen B word slaps them and they think they will have a chance in the rematch, and they lose by more

Josh Allen owns Miami just like Brady owned the Bills. The two losses were the heat stroke game and a dropped Clay play in the endzone 

To jump in this- Miami is much better than the drought Bills and have made the playoffs the last 3 years I believe?

And Tom Brady/BB had 4 rings at that time.

While the Bills are a good team now, they weren't close to being on the Pats level, and Miami is much better than the Bills drought years

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

I rewatched the week 18 game from 2023 earlier today on NFL Network.  Our defense was terribly depleted and we still held them to 14 points (yeah, I know Waddle and Mostert were out).  I'm not really scared of us getting boat-raced.

The one thing I noticed from that game was how good Diggs still was last year, even if he didn't always show up.  I know we've all rationalized here and tried to create a new narrative of the WR room getting better, but I suspect that we will all eventually miss Diggs, maybe sooner rather than later.

I'll always be grateful to Diggs.  He and Allen changed the culture of this team - he was such a big part of that. That moxie he had.

I don't know if I'll miss him, though. I'll miss some of the talent he brought to the field - but already it feels liberating to not have such a distraction w/ his attitude & antics.