9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

36 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Any word on P/S call ups for tonight?

If they're putting Taron on IR, it will happen before today's deadline as well.

Anyone know the time it needs filed by?

Per Sal on WGR it coincides with inactives deadline on THU night games so 90 mins before game time. 

Edited by freddyjj

49 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Tua is 17-3 if the temperature is 80 degrees or higher. 

Anything less & he's got a 16 - 17 record.

Any chance the temp drops below 80 in Miami in September? 😅

According to Accuweather, not tonight, low 80's during game time.  Maybe their record for above 80 temps has to be that they let their opponents cook on the sideline while they're in the shade.  

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Do you ever feel good about the game? Relax.

Sometimes yes, but anytime I start seeing alot of "we own the Dolphins, Tua can't beat Allen, Josh is 4-0 on thrusday nights" it gets me a little nervous 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Schopp & the Bulldog actually making a great point right now..

Vivid Seats estimates 44% of tickets sold to Bills fans based on zip code analysis.

Given how many Bills fans live in driving distance, Bills fans should easily be the majority in that stadium tonight.  

Not to mention fans flying in from across the country. I came from Dallas and there was a few Bills fans on my flight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Sometimes yes, but anytime I start seeing alot of "we own the Dolphins, Tua can't beat Allen, Josh is 4-0 on thrusday nights" it gets me a little nervous 

I'm the same and cannot change. At this point I'm basically Tony Soprano talking to Melfi even though he's far too stuck in his ways.

I expect a loss pretty much every game but I'm superstitious and find it helps us win a lot. When it doesn't work I feel less crushed the next day and am less likely to have a meltdown on here, demanding every player and coach be let go. When the Bills scored their final TD against KC during epic playoff game a few years ago I looked at the clock and didn't even celebrate, just predicted KC would somehow manage to tie the game. 

This glass is half empty approach sure does make you a sourpuss but at least you're not crying into your Flutie Flakes the following morning

• Eyeroll 1

Just made this bet :) 

Short week, hot and humid game...the DL suffers the most.  Add in Allen's hurt left hand, and I think we will see Brady look to establish the run this game against Miamis front 7 which is a mess.  And I think Davis will get more touches to keep the backs fresh.  And once they get down near the redzone, I would bet they give Davis some of those short yardage carries instead of Allen this week due to his hand which may make it harder for Allen to hold on to the ball and also risk further injuring it.  

And Allen regrets not getting Keon his first Tuddy last week when it was there, so I think this week we will see Allen run less in the redzone and let the ball fly more on drop backs and we see both our rookies get their first TD's this week. 

Parlay +2800

Ray Davis anytime TD

Keon Coleman anytime TD

• Like (+1) 3

Predictions time:

Brady makes up for the lack of TE yardage by using Kincaid in Knox in the middle of the field and uses a balanced run & screen mix to try to wear out Miami's front knowing they don't have our depth.

McDermott tries the standard "attack up the middle on pass rush", plays shell coverage. We will be infuriated by the defense bending and Hill/Waddle get some shots but Tua will hit a dry spell.

34-31 Bills

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Speaking of Dline rotation 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Tua is 17-3 if the temperature is 80 degrees or higher. 

Anything less & he's got a 16 - 17 record.

Any chance the temp drops below 80 in Miami in September? 😅

Josh Allen is 6-0 on Thursday night and is undefeated...something has to give...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I'm the same and cannot change. At this point I'm basically Tony Soprano talking to Melfi even though he's far too stuck in his ways.

I expect a loss pretty much every game but I'm superstitious and find it helps us win a lot. When it doesn't work I feel less crushed the next day and am less likely to have a meltdown on here, demanding every player and coach be let go. When the Bills scored their final TD against KC during epic playoff game a few years ago I looked at the clock and didn't even celebrate, just predicted KC would somehow manage to tie the game. 

This glass is half empty approach sure does make you a sourpuss but at least you're not crying into your Flutie Flakes the following morning

Problem with me is, I lived through the entire drought, as many of us did. But it did so much damage to my hope in the bills. Plus living through 13 seconds... Ya you get a little damaged. 

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 2

all of the national people have spent the last 48 hours talking about how allen owns the dolphins and tua cant beat buffalo.

that can't be good for us.  Anytime the national group of know nothings all repeat the same thing it usually goes the other way and then they slam the team/person who they just said always wins.  You can set your clock to it.

Hope they find a way tonight.

21 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Interesting 

this guy does a lot of work but he posts on twitter like a 13 year old girl and seems really reactionary and kind of dopey.  

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I think the difference in this game is the pressure we'll be able to get on Tua.

Hill & Waddle can be scary, but if you can get to Tua, their impact is much less.

Hill & Waddle are scary, but correct me if I'm wrong, aren't the Bills 5-1 against that duo?

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Success said:

I think the difference in this game is the pressure we'll be able to get on Tua.

Hill & Waddle can be scary, but if you can get to Tua, their impact is much less.

Hope so, I am worried about the pressure miami brings.  I have a feeling they are going to be right up on the line and sending extra guys all game.