9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Just like that roughing the QB call gave them a TD on their drive. 

There is nothing much Poyer can tell them that isnt on film already.  Maybe some communication stuff on D? If the Bills are smart, they would have changed that stuff already.

Especially with Brady having the whole offseason to install his entire offense and jettison Dorsey's, all while Poyer was gone

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Hopefully he just kicks it through the endzone everytime. I was worried about it last week and was saying "Please just kick it through the end zone" in the GDT.  Then he didnt and nothing happened.  Then I said it again and he didnt again and AZ got the return.  I know it was windy but Bass doesnt seem to have a leg anymore.  Its just a matter of time that it continues to cost us... again.

They'll shoot him up and he will be fine.  He's gonna feel it though.  

Dude this is comical and shows you have no clue regarding how physics works or kicking the ball.  As a former soccer player for 25 years and a person who kicked in multiple football leagues for a few years, I can tell you there wasn't anyone who was kicking the ball into the endzone from where Bass was kicking from in those conditions.  The father the ball has to go, the higher you have to kick it and the more the wind acts against it.  This post is meritless. 

Did he also not have a leg when he kicked it thru the endzone on the other kicks?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, boyst said:

keep in mind also that effective means stopping them from succeeding. and they have been able to succeed on offense against us. the problem they face losing to us is their defense is poop.

if history is accurate we could sack them 5 times and they'd still off the offensive succes..

You want to talk history? The past history is 11-2 in buffalos favor.  I think there were only 3 games in there where the score was close.

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Just like that roughing the QB call gave them a TD on their drive. 

There is nothing much Poyer can tell them that isnt on film already.  Maybe some communication stuff on D? If the Bills are smart, they would have changed that stuff already.

especially now that Babich has been making (or so it was going in to the last game but who knows if McD stepped in) the calls.

3 hours ago, Rockinon said:

1.5 seconds? How often do you think that is going to be possible? Especially with the defense taking away his 1st read?

They ran a lot of screens and LoS quick passes last week.  It will be possible as long as the score is close.  Tackling is what is important this week really. Not that, that is not important every week.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is, IMO a BIG key for tonight. Achane being out would be a HUGE help. It sounds like he will play though. 

I personally feel like he is the best and most explosive player on their offense. Yes, over Hill and Waddle. My only knock on him is he's hurt a lot. 

Based on the wording of this I think there’s zero chance he doesn’t play tonight. And on top of that I think he’ll be pretty explosive. We’ll be pretty disappointed at how not injured he looks. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Based on the wording of this I think there’s zero chance he doesn’t play tonight. And on top of that I think he’ll be pretty explosive. We’ll be pretty disappointed at how not injured he looks. 

Also likely a high chance he re-injures it at some point in the game...those type of things might feel great until they don't feel great...kinda like hamstrings.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Schopp & the Bulldog actually making a great point right now..

Vivid Seats estimates 44% of tickets sold to Bills fans based on zip code analysis.

Given how many Bills fans live in driving distance, Bills fans should easily be the majority in that stadium tonight.  

It's wish casting a bit, but boy did I love watching the Dolphins have their stadium taken over by Bills fans Week 18 last year. I would love seeing them have to go with silent count at their own stadium 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Dude this is comical and shows you have no clue regarding how physics works or kicking the ball.  As a former soccer player for 25 years and a person who kicked in multiple football leagues for a few years, I can tell you there wasn't anyone who was kicking the ball into the endzone from where Bass was kicking from in those conditions.  The father the ball has to go, the higher you have to kick it and the more the wind acts against it.  This post is meritless. 

Did he also not have a leg when he kicked it thru the endzone on the other kicks?

You say this like its some common knowledge that everyone should know.  No, I don't know physics of kicking off a football and I didnt play soccer.  I dont really care to.  How about calm down and make an argument without trying to insults someone's intelligence. I assure you that I know things you have no clue about too.

Did Arizonas kicker have a problem kicking in the end zone or was it only windy for Bass?  Pretty common knowledge that Bass has problems kicking since last season.

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

especially now that Babich has been making (or so it was going in to the last game but who knows if McD stepped in) the calls.

Yes. Also I do think McD stepped in.  At least on some plays he did.  Sideline showed him with a play card over his mouth while talking. Thats usually calling a play.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

You say this like its some common knowledge that everyone should know.  No, I don't know physics of kicking off a football and I didnt play soccer.  I dont really care to.  

Did Arizonas kicker have a problem kicking in the end zone or was it only windy for Bass?  Pretty common knowledge that Bass has problems kicking since last season.

Every KO in that direction was returned except for the one that Bass kicked out of bounds.

• Like (+1) 1