9/12/24 GAMDAY Bills at Dolphins TNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

It’s GAMEDAY!

Hey Miami! Daddy’s Home! 🐬 🦬 

Strange opportunity to play in south Florida early September and not be melting and sweltering in their egregiously designed stadium. Tonight, everyone will be out of direct sunlight and WEEKS of daily downpours have dropped the temps. Our other game with them is late season in Buffalo, so this is an advantage we have to capitalize on!

Both teams turned sluggish starts in their openers into impressive come from behind wins to set this early stage. The rivalry is indeed back as both teams have multiple playoff seasons and we ripped their hearts out in the season finale to take our 4th straight Division title. They’re pretty much intact though, while we’re a much different team from last December. Tua, Hill, Waddle, Mostert (not playing tonight) & Archane are dynamic playmakers who can go off at any time. They’re a quick-throw offense as Tua is vulnerable in the pocket. So taking away the quick routes which force him to look for secondary options is essential and has been key in kicking their ass repeatedly. How well we can compensate for missing All Pro nickleback Taron Johnson will be a key factor tonight. Jamarcus Ingram and Cam Lewis filled in admirably last Sunday but the Cardinals don’t have this kind of talent. If the Dolphins showed anything of note, they can be run on at 4.8 yrds/carry. I think I can hear Joe Brady salivating..

As for us, we have Josh Allen. ‘Nuff said -and all of Miami knows this. He was as masterful running our new Offense week 1 as we hoped and seemed to enjoy scanning the full field to find an open man. 9 DIFFERENT open men, as a matter of fact. It’s a little hard to fathom, but I think he’s actually even better already this season in recognizing schemes and specific tendencies. Chants of “MVP” echoed through the stadium Sunday with his 4 TD performance and I see no end in sight. He stayed determined to running the ball which translated into 19 of 21 pass completions!

Against Miami, we’ve won 11 of the past 12 meetings by an average of 14.5 pts/game. Going back even further, you could argue we were responsible for the previous 3 Dolphins coaches being fired because they couldn’t beat us!🤣

The story has been the same for goofy McDaniel, who is -1-4 including playoffs- against us.

Side note: We were the only team to surrender a kickoff for touchdown Sunday (DAMMIT!). It just looks so stupid, imo.

We’re in front of a national audience tonight and it’s a familiar feeling. Show your best, Buffalo!

GO BILLS!

Joe Marino & Co. chime in

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

This guy is just so weird! But he knows the score.

He is a strange guy. But of course the AFCE runs through Buffalo. They are four time reigning division champs. I feel about Miami - Buffalo a bit like I did about New England - Buffalo in the 2010s when I felt like the Bills for the most part had a good roster that was at least playoff standard but they couldn't beat the Patriots. You gotta show me you can do it before I'm gonna pick you to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

New commercial 

Loving the commercial and just wondering if where the Bills are this year is a bit more where Josh is comfortable. As the overlooked guy. As the one being written off some. As the under appreciated. Three years of being in and among the Superbowl favourites prior to this.... but there is just a bit of me that senses a level of focus from Josh this year, even in the way he is speaking that I'm not sure has been there the past couple of seasons. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Loving the commercial and just wondering if where the Bills are this year is a bit more where Josh is comfortable. As the overlooked guy. As the one being written off some. As the under appreciated. Three years of being in and among the Superbowl favourites prior to this.... but there is just a bit of me that senses a level of focus from Josh this year, even in the way he is speaking that I'm not sure has been there the past couple of seasons. 

Josh sure seems to have a new outlook on things. I think the switch from an overly intense Dorsey to the more low key/laid back personality of Brady is reflecting in how we see Josh acting. I also think not having to walk on egg shells around a guy like Diggs helps too. Mentally, that has to be doing wonders for him.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3