Smiley must go

Snowbowl

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Firing Beane and McDermott right now would make the Bills the biggest laughingstock in the league.

Both would have new jobs by next February.

Seriously, why cant many others see that; "fire everybody" is a psycological Defense Mechanism associated with extreme frustration, and the only response many can give!

3 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Seriously, why cant many others see that; "fire everybody" is a psycological Defense Mechanism associated with extreme frustration, and the only response many can give!

If they lose the locker room and Pegula than sure.  A small percentage of a fan base means nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, schoolhouserock said:

This is all so simple.

If McD fires Smiley, then Smiley is a scapegoat.

If McD doesn’t fire Smiley, there is no accountability.

Or the person making the judgement is a simple-ton.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Firing Beane and McDermott right now would make the Bills the biggest laughingstock in the league.

Would be perfect label for loudest fans.  

• Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

If you only knew the real consequences of regime change; we are a perrinial playoff team that has a shot at the SB; no temper tantrum changes are needed!

No one is having a temper tantrum. We could both come up with examples of positive and negative regime changes or we could enjoy being 1-0 and see what happens with the season.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

If you only knew the real consequences of regime change; we are a perrinial playoff team that has a shot at the SB; no temper tantrum changes are needed!

No there is a temper tantrum needed - do a Ditka and trade next three years drafts for Patrick Mahomes and he will lead the temper tantrums!

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Right now, after week 1, yes, that wouldn’t be a great idea. It is a different story after another playoff exit and executing a trade with KC to give them a weapon they coveted so that we could have another 5th-round pick.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Right now, in week 1, yes, that wouldn’t be a great idea. It is a different story after another playoff exit and executing a trade with KC to give them a weapon they coveted so that we could have another 5th-round pick.

I don't agree.  But you do you.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

No.  The TD was the result of an uncalled block in the back at the point of attack.  Not much the Bills can do if the refs are just going to ignore that *****.

How was that not seen? 

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

No one is having a temper tantrum. We could both come up with examples of positive and negative regime changes or we could enjoy being 1-0 and see what happens with the season.

Tampa made a change and won a Super Bowl 🤔

33 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Tampa made a change and won a Super Bowl 🤔

I know, I’m well aware Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell went to the same number of Super Bowls, but I’m not calling for anyone’s head until the offseason and I hope we win the Super Bowl with the guys we have.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

I know, I’m well aware Tony Dungy and Jim Caldwell went to the same number of Super Bowls, but I’m not calling for anyone’s head until the offseason and I hope we win the Super Bowl with the guys we have.

I keep being reminded on a yearly basis that someday McDermott will do the same thing Andy did.  So for now I continue to wait...and wait...and wait....

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

No.  The TD was the result of an uncalled block in the back at the point of attack.  Not much the Bills can do if the refs are just going to ignore that *****.

Those refs were so bad I don't know how they even got those jobs... 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Right now, after week 1, yes, that wouldn’t be a great idea. It is a different story after another playoff exit and executing a trade with KC to give them a weapon they coveted so that we could have another 5th-round pick.

Confused, are you saying Beane executed that trade?

11 hours ago, uticaclub said:

That would be wonderful 👍