Smiley must go

Snowbowl

Special teams cost us the Jets and Broncos games last year. Now nearly the Cards game. They’ve been consistently bad under Smiley. He needs to go. I imagine change during the season would be super tough though. Should’ve fired him at the end of the season last year 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 8
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

No.  The TD was the result of an uncalled block in the back at the point of attack.  Not much the Bills can do if the refs are just going to ignore that *****.

That and three people completely whiffing on what should have been a tackle.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

No.  The TD was the result of an uncalled block in the back at the point of attack.  Not much the Bills can do if the refs are just going to ignore that *****.

He should be fired due to previous performances.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Snowbowl said:

Special teams cost us the Jets and Broncos games last year. Now nearly the Cards game. They’ve been consistently bad under Smiley. He needs to go. I imagine change during the season would be super tough though. Should’ve fired him at the end of the season last year 

Fire everybody 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

There was also a massive block in the back on the Jets return last year that was not called, that’s not on the coach, he’s fine and needs to stay at least for this year. But I will say just kick the dang ball out of the end zone every time.  

Just now, 0017 said:

There was also a massive block in the back on the Jets return last year that was not called, that’s not on the coach, he’s fine and needs to stay at least for this year. But I will say just kick the dang ball out of the end zone every time.  

The end zone thing I agree but the wind was causing issues for both kickers that way 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, 0017 said:

I don’t think he could get it there into that stiff wind. 

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

He's the scapegoat for 2024, too early to throw him under the bus

Come on, I have faith you will rally the fire everybody gang and demand the firing of McDermott and Beane - this time before the 2025 draft!

This was not a coaching fail. It started with a missed illegal block in the back. Then it was was execution fail. Three guys - Gilliam, Elam, and Davis all had a chance to make the tackle and they all missed. 

I guess you could argue why is Elam on kickoff since tackling is his weakness. I would of course counter, why is Gilliam even on the roster. 

Bills almost lost and you can point blame to three roster bottom feeders that didn't execute. Kick it out of the endzone every time. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That was a part of it. But there was also terrible tackle attempts and guys not staying in their lanes and blown assignments. Undisciplined play led to that return. And that's a problem we have seen on ST for years now. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

Come on, I have faith you will rally the fire everybody gang and demand the firing of McDermott and Beane - this time before the 2025 draft!

We’ll see how the season plays out. They should go if the roster looks weak outside of Josh, and we lose in the Divisional Round again. I am not giving McD a lifetime pass for going 9-7 in 2017 or Beane for picking Josh. We see how Josh plays; he isn’t going to play into his late 30s, so we need to win now. I’m hoping we win the Super Bowl and everyone keeps their job. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, uticaclub said:

We’ll see how the season plays out. They should go if the roster looks weak outside of Josh, and we lose in the Divisional Round again. I am not giving McD a lifetime pass for going 9-7 in 2017 or Beane for picking Josh. We see how Josh plays; he isn’t going to play into his late 30s, so we need to win now. I’m hoping we win the Super Bowl and everyone keeps their job. 

Come on, more fun to fire everybody, start over, then start up the fire everybody chant again, too much fun

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That was a part of it. But there was also terrible tackle attempts and guys not staying in their lanes and blown assignments. Undisciplined play led to that return. And that's a problem we have seen on ST for years now. 

Correct, not staying in their lanes has been happening for years on the bills starting with the "Music City Miracle".

37 minutes ago, 0017 said:

What the hell did i just walk into here?!?

Serious question.......do you suffer from cataracts?........limited vision?.........blurred vision?..........blindness?

• Eyeroll 1