Spencer Brown Contract - Per Spotrac

kitchen sink

Spencer Brown has been doing private training according to my source.  He has been working on exercises for his back, acupressure and Asian stretching routines.  Hr will need to keep it  up with his size to continue his well playing.  It would not hurt if he could get some substitutions when game play allows it so he is having less impacts.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Found this stat regarding Brown's excellent play:

Brown is the only offensive tackle in the league with at least 25 pass-blocking snaps and zero pressures allowed. This post doesn't quite do it justice, either – Brown has way more than 25 pass blocking snaps. He has 91.

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Found this stat regarding Brown's excellent play:

Brown is the only offensive tackle in the league with at least 25 pass-blocking snaps and zero pressures allowed. This post doesn't quite do it justice, either – Brown has way more than 25 pass blocking snaps. He has 91.

What qualifies as a pressure. The massive hold he committed on the Kincaid TD last week I feel should have been one. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They called that TD back? There was a flag?

As a Bills fan there is a part of me that is always still scanning around, waiting for a flag to come sailing in. :ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

What qualifies as a pressure. The massive hold he committed on the Kincaid TD last week I feel should have been one. 

Just say you don't know what a hold is! You'll fit in with 90% of fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Just say you don't know what a hold is! You'll fit in with 90% of fans.

I don't even remember the play.

I'm assuming Brown had him locked up high on a rip?

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't even remember the play.

I'm assuming Brown had him locked up high on a rip?

He had the edge rusher turned around when Josh went to scramble right, and for a half second had him held there. However he let go as soon as the edge rusher tried to chase after Josh and that's what the officials are looking for. If officials were calling that holding every final score would be 9-6.

Offensive linemen have a right to use their hands to hold a pass rusher in place. It gets called holding only if they are clearly holding in a way that impacts the direction the edge rusher is trying to go. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He had the edge rusher turned around when Josh went to scramble right, and for a half second had him held there. However he let go as soon as the edge rusher tried to chase after Josh and that's what the officials are looking for. If officials were calling that holding every final score would be 9-6.

Offensive linemen have a right to use their hands to hold a pass rusher in place. It gets called holding only if they are clearly holding in a way that impacts the direction the edge rusher is trying to go. 

I disagree with you on this one.

I think he'd have been called (and deservedly so) for the jersey pull if the ref's line of sight hadn't been blocked.

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

I think he'd have been called (and deservedly so) for the jersey pull if the ref's line of sight hadn't been blocked.

I see plays like this every week, a pass rusher tries to basically run away from the pocket and gets held up for a tick. The officials will never call it unless the offensive lineman continues holding on. If you let your guy go they aren't calling it. The Jags rusher knows it - he doesn't even try pleading his case.

Unsurprisingly you see these plays come up most frequently against the Bills and Chiefs.

Just now, HappyDays said:

I see plays like this every week, a pass rusher tries to basically run away from the pocket and gets held up for a tick. The officials will never call it unless the offensive lineman continues holding on. If you let your guy go they aren't calling it. The Jags rusher knows it - he doesn't even try pleading his case.

Unsurprisingly you see these plays come up most frequently against the Bills and Chiefs.

I'd have to see it with more zoom to know for sure, but I think that was more than the tick they usually give guys

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think fans don't realize that holding is completely legal now. You just have to do it a certain way and allow the rusher to disengage when he tries. Fans seem to still be operating on the old rules when linemen were not allowed to use their hands basically at all.

So, they call everything holding and cry for flags on every play.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Simon said:

The Cheats used to teach their players to look at referees view when making plays and so many posters on board would praise Beli-CHEAT.  

Not sure if this was deliberate by Brown both in grab and making sure it is in view for unable to slow and zoom video enough to be sure.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

This.  The spin move reduced the likelihood of the call being made. That he failed the spin move made it more unlikely. If you maintain good contact throughout the spin move than you can almost legally hold the player as long as you are not grabbing him.

The legal hold is because the player is spinning and any direction he is going is going to be restricted by the blocker as long as the blocker is maintaining pressure upon them. An experienced ref knows this and does not call it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

No. Any rational person that can be impartial knows that he held. It’s weird that people act like it didn’t happen. A flag may not have been thrown but it clearly was a hold. 

Even if it's so, he has 1 pressure for 91 snaps.  Why get myopic about one bad play when he has been very good?

On 9/10/2024 at 8:57 PM, Don Otreply said:

He got his bag, 💰 so many loved it when Tua got his bag, not to mention endless other players not on the Bills, I’m happy for our guy, GO BILLS!!!

Ed Oliver got his bag and has been even more of a menace.

Spencer Brown got his bag and has levelled up into a top RT.

It's ok to give a bag to the right guys.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I've wathed it a half dozen times, Walker spun into his chest and wasn't even trying to get away where he'd need to be held. 

This was Brown on Walker on most reps. I don't even remember that guy getting his name called. Just erased.

image.png.f7231befaec250d8a7c6f00544ce2f6e.png