Browns fanbase/sports talk radio reminds me of the 2000s Bills

4 hours ago, DeltaDigital said:

Each time I get mad at myself about being a Bills fan... I just think... sheesh... glad I'm not a Browns, or Jets fan. 

But if you were a JEST fan you could say your team at least won a Superbowl and then put on another team's T-Shirt.

When I went to UB I saw this a lot from downstate fans who were JEST fans.  One even changed decorations on his car depending on who was playing that weekend so he could say "my team won!".    Never saw any JEST fan with an alternate Jiants T-Shirt however.   One JEST fan had his dorm door green with three white stripes on it indicating Superbowl III win.

• Angry 1

On 9/11/2024 at 2:24 PM, BullBuchanan said:

Stefanski had them int he playoffs 2 of the last 4 seasons and has a winning record. Pretty far cry from the drought Bills.

You know that the Browns had a longer draught than the Bills.  They went 18 seasons.  2002-2020.

They also had a 3 year stint in which they won 4 games and lost 44.

McDermott has had the Bills in the playoffs 6 out of the last 7 seasons....

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You know that the Browns had a longer draught than the Bills.  They went 18 seasons.  2002-2020.

They also had a 3 year stint in which they won 4 games and lost 44.

McDermott has had the Bills in the playoffs 7 out of the last 8 seasons....

Don't confuse him with facts.

They sold their souls w/ the acquisition of Deshaun Watson. It will forever be known as the “Mayfield Curse” until they break it. In all seriousness, they should’ve kept Flacco in there who still had a massive arm and control of that offense. I don’t even think the refs like Watson as he’s taken some massive hits since he’s been there w/ no-calls on roughing. The fans don’t deserve it, the organization and owners certainly do. 

4 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

But if you were a JEST fan you could say your team at least won a Superbowl and then put on another team's T-Shirt.

When I went to UB I saw this a lot from downstate fans who were JEST fans.  One even changed decorations on his car depending on who was playing that weekend so he could say "my team won!".    Never saw any JEST fan with an alternate Jiants T-Shirt however.   One JEST fan had his dorm door green with three white stripes on it indicating Superbowl III win.

garbage fans.  

58 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes.

The Bills only had one season below 4 wins.  The Browns during a 3 year stretch won a total of 4 games.  

They had a top 5 pick 3 times in that stretch.  

Sounds like Jauron logic … I would have rather had top five picks to look forward to, rather than the 6-10/7-9 mediocrity that left its stench for a generation. 

On 9/10/2024 at 10:36 AM, Low Positive said:

I can't believe I'm going to defend the Browns, but there was nothing in Watson's play to suggest that he would fall off a cliff like this. His best season, numbers-wise, was his last in Houston. We're hearing lately that Bill O'Brien had to dumb down the playbook to a college offense to get that performance out of Watson and that Stefanski refuses to do this but I didn't hear that at the time. 

Interesting, I never head anything about Bill O Brien dumbing the the playbook for Watson, I can certainly see it but never heard it once living in Houston.

12 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Sounds like Jauron logic … I would have rather had top five picks to look forward to, rather than the 6-10/7-9 mediocrity that left its stench for a generation. 

Jauron logic?

I guess results don't matter?

Since the end those top 5 picks, the Browns have won 43 , 2 playoff appearances and 1 playoff win.

Since the end of those top 5 picks, the Bills won 59 games, 5 playoff appearances and 5 playoff wins.  

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yes.

The Bills only had one season below 4 wins.  The Browns during a 3 year stretch won a total of 4 games.  

They had a top 5 pick 3 times in that stretch.  

But that is better right?  Many posters advocate sucking for draft picks.