Browns fanbase/sports talk radio reminds me of the 2000s Bills

11 hours ago, Mat68 said:

They are dead with Watson with no end in sight.  I might bench him and play Winston.  I would hope for that new lawsuit to have enough in it to create an escape hatch.  

wouldn’t be surprised if the league is helping Haslam get out of that horrible contract.  

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Anybody else find it ironic that your backup for POShaun is Rapeis Winston?

Fear not they also added kadarious Toney yesterday. Seriously is there a limitation on how many brain cells are allowed in Berea Ohio  at any given time?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Doc said:

I work with a CRNA who is a great guy and a Browns fan.  He was disgusted when they traded for Watson.  I feel bad for Browns fans like him.

It was the Watson trade that finally pushed my husband over the edge. He’d been a Browns first, Bills second fan for as long as we’d been married - we attended any Bills vs Browns game we could despite the general suckery - but he is officially all in on Buffalo since Watson came to Cleveland. So sad for the fans. But the owner deserves it.

• Like (+1) 5

34 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Week 1 overreactions are great.  

In this case....

28 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

For the Browns this goes way beyond 1 week 

I agree with @BillsPride12  this is not a week 1 over reaction.  The only person at this point in Cleveland that doesn't regret the Watson deal is Watson's agent 

• Like (+1) 1

I literally don't understand the reasoning behind trading for Watson. Like nothing about it makes sense at all

He was completely toxic after the all that stuff came out

He wasn't THAT good

The Browns roster had made the playoffs the year before and only missed that year due to injuries

It's not like Baker was any worse than Watson when he was healthy

There wasn't a PR benefit to trading for him, the talent part was basically a push. They gave away money and draft capital, while making their team a pariah for little to no benefit skills wise

1 hour ago, uninja said:

I literally don't understand the reasoning behind trading for Watson. Like nothing about it makes sense at all

He was completely toxic after the all that stuff came out

He wasn't THAT good

The Browns roster had made the playoffs the year before and only missed that year due to injuries

It's not like Baker was any worse than Watson when he was healthy

There wasn't a PR benefit to trading for him, the talent part was basically a push. They gave away money and draft capital, while making their team a pariah for little to no benefit skills wise

https://www.beaconjournal.com/story/sports/pro/browns/2023/03/28/jimmy-haslam-stands-cleveland-browns-deshaun-watson-trade-contract-nfl-year-later-lamar-jackson/70048917007/

Haslam's direct perspective:

"Everybody understands that in the NFL it’s all about the quarterback, right?" Jimmy Haslam said. "Kansas City Chiefs have been to three of the last four Super Bowls, won two of the last three. Why? They got No. 15 (Patrick Mahomes), right? So everybody understands the importance of quarterbacks. ....... Quarterbacks in their prime — (the Green Bay Packers') Aaron Rodgers is 39 now and still a phenomenal player — but quarterbacks in their prime don’t come in the market when they’re 26. So we reached out and grabbed Deshaun."

On 9/10/2024 at 11:28 AM, JP51 said:

I am certain they are praying for this.. even if they can get out of it, would they get all that much cap relief since so much was already paid? (not a cap guy and dont pretend to be.) 

Hell if I was Jimmy Haslam I'd hire a PI to go digging around Houston to find more victims, just to get me out from under that contract. 

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Hell if I was Jimmy Haslam I'd hire a PI to go digging around Houston to find more victims, just to get me out from under that contract. 

He might be LOL I wouldnt put it past him 😆

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Haslam's direct perspective: "So we reached out and grabbed Deshaun."

And Deshaun reached out and grabbed the masseuses. (Masseusi?)

50 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I just wish Watson would’ve happened to the New England franchise. That is all. 🤓

Watson and Kraft would have been seeking a volume discount...😇

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

While everyone else was talking politics last night, Browns fans were researching “Leroy bickerstaff” … 

YES!

I'm not on any social media but there is nothing I love more than a good burner account outing!

• Haha (+1) 1