Browns fanbase/sports talk radio reminds me of the 2000s Bills

48 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I 100% guarantee you that if we didn't have Josh Allen, there would have been a sizable portion of this fan base yelling to trade for Watson when he was available. They would have done the same mental gymnastics as Browns fans. Bought the same amount of Watson jerseys. They would have celebrated giving him that same idiotic contract. 

This is SOOOO true. We would have begged for it and bashed the GM for not doing enough when he was traded to another team. We would have been all over any crazy Russell Wilson deal too. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

This is too funny ! I remember Bills sports talk radio being similar to this during the JP Losman/Trent Edwards days

Pretty sure Howard Simon screamed a bunch of times in disgust like this during the drought years

The Browns have a good coach in Stefanski.  I mean he won 2 out of the last 4 Coach of the Year nods.

Yeah the Watson contract is looking more and more like a joke….  but it ain’t the end of the world for them if he gets cut.  I mean just looks really embarrassing on their behalf.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

The Browns have a good coach in Stefanski.  I mean he won 2 out of the last 4 Coach of the Year nods.

Yeah the Watson contract is looking more and more like a joke….  but it ain’t the end of the world for them if he gets cut.  I mean just looks really embarrassing on their behalf.  

I’m beginning to think he’s just mediocre. Fringe playoff team. He didn’t do anything w baker. And baker is lighting it up in Tampa. 

these “awards” are so biased and political now. The press / former and current players and even current players and coaches. Take a look at the mvp voters….. it’s a complete joke. 

8 minutes ago, balln said:

I’m beginning to think he’s just mediocre. Fringe playoff team. He didn’t do anything w baker. And baker is lighting it up in Tampa. 

these “awards” are so biased and political now. The press / former and current players and even current players and coaches. Take a look at the mvp voters….. it’s a complete joke. 

On the contrary he did real well with an almost 40 year old Joe Flacco.

But I hear ya about coach of the year.  Their playoff game last year was a disaster.

I still think overall he’s solid.  

Baker Mayfield played well but had a down year due to a torn labrum in his left shoulder. The Browns cut him loose because they have an impatient owner who wanted to make a splash. Now that he has healed and found a home with a functional organization (after a stop at an even more dysfunctional organization), we can see the talent that got him drafted.

Everyone likes to talk about what would have happened to Mahomes if he had landed in Buffalo instead of KC but what if the Browns had taken Josh Allen like they should have? Is he still as good as he is, or would they have moved on from him due to a lack of patience in his development? You can say what you will about Beane and McDermott (god knows we all question gameday and personnel decisions), but the Bills are no longer a dysfunctional organization after being one for decades. For that, I thank them. 

Edited by Low Positive
  • Agree 3

You’d have to show me the strength of victory in flacco games and injury lists. 

They have a great OL , great run game , and good to great weapons 

Flacco success mostly an indictment on how bad Watson is ImO

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yeah? Dick Jairon and Wayne Fontes won coach of the year awards, too.

This is the same coach that pressed Mayfield to play injured and then ran him outta town for Watson when Baker's production dipped when he shouldn't have been on the field in the first place. Stefanski is horrible at running his team. Good with play calling/design, though. I'll give him that. 

8 minutes ago, balln said:

You’d have to show me the strength of victory in flacco games and injury lists. 

They have a great OL , great run game , and good to great weapons 

Flacco success mostly an indictment on how bad Watson is ImO

Saying that Flaco was so much better than Watson is a bit of revisionist history. I went and took a look. Flaco was brought in to back up D T-R after Watson's surgery. D T-R got a concussion, so in came Flaco who lost his first start badly @ the Rams. He then beat the Jags at home (who were in a tailspin after losing to the Jake Browning-led Bengals and Lawrance played injured in that game), the Bears at home, the Texans on the road (the only good win of the run), and then Jets at home. He didn't play in week 18 and then lost the playoff game. Outside of the Texans win, not exactly impressive. Remember, Watson best Lamar and the Ravens in Baltimore in week 10. 

4 hours ago, balln said:

Agree…arrival of Schwartz and the D is the strength of the team.

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I 100% guarantee you that if we didn't have Josh Allen, there would have been a sizable portion of this fan base yelling to trade for Watson when he was available. They would have done the same mental gymnastics as Browns fans. Bought the same amount of Watson jerseys. They would have celebrated giving him that same idiotic contract. 

Not so sure about that. Michael Vick if I remember right was a distinct possibility to land in Buffalo. This board was a bit tepid and dreading it a bit. Yeah, we needed a QB bad, but this guy? I personally was dreading it & was questioning if I could have still had the same allegiance to the Bills. being the ultimate Dog Dad as I am.  

I want the Bills to win it all, but I want the players & coaches to have some decorum of class and lawfulness. 

Just mt 2¢🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Low Positive said:

I can't believe I'm going to defend the Browns, but there was nothing in Watson's play to suggest that he would fall off a cliff like this. His best season, numbers-wise, was his last in Houston. We're hearing lately that Bill O'Brien had to dumb down the playbook to a college offense to get that performance out of Watson and that Stefanski refuses to do this but I didn't hear that at the time. 

I wouldn’t have done the trade simply on the fact he quit on the Texans. Franchise QB my ass. He sat out a year and left his teammates to play with Davis Webb and Tyrod Taylor while he cried about not getting his way. He is a selfish, ***** person and that’s before you get to his creepy off the field stuff. 

The day he refused to play, and still decided to just collect paychecks while his teammates got beaten down each week is the day I lost all respect for him as a player. He only cares about himself and that is no way to lead a franchise. I am not at all surprised he is sucking and clearly not putting in the work. He got paid, he’s done. He’s hoping the team benched him and sends him home 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1