Browns fanbase/sports talk radio reminds me of the 2000s Bills

Just now, Mat68 said:

They are dead with Watson with no end in sight.  I might bench him and play Winston.  I would hope for that new lawsuit to have enough in it to create an escape hatch.  

Karma really found itself to the Browns. Maybe they luck out with a new lawsuit or something, but regardless they have at least this year gone after wasting the prior 2 when they have a good coach and a solid roster. I honestly think if they put Jamesis in theyd make the playoffs but they seem hell bent on nuking their season with Watson.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Mat68 said:

They are dead with Watson with no end in sight.  I might bench him and play Winston.  I would hope for that new lawsuit to have enough in it to create an escape hatch.  

I am certain they are praying for this.. even if they can get out of it, would they get all that much cap relief since so much was already paid? (not a cap guy and dont pretend to be.) 

1 minute ago, JP51 said:

I am certain they are praying for this.. even if they can get out of it, would they get all that much cap relief since so much was already paid? (not a cap guy and dont pretend to be.) 

No but they still owe him 48 plus next year and 48 plus the following year.  Thats 90 mil owed on top of cap manipulation. 

I can't believe I'm going to defend the Browns, but there was nothing in Watson's play to suggest that he would fall off a cliff like this. His best season, numbers-wise, was his last in Houston. We're hearing lately that Bill O'Brien had to dumb down the playbook to a college offense to get that performance out of Watson and that Stefanski refuses to do this but I didn't hear that at the time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I do feel bad for (some of) the Browns fans. Certainly, not the ones with the tshirts glorifying Watson’s previous hobbies. But, the Browns and their ownership deserve every ounce of what’s going on with this deal and Watson’s lackluster performance. Play with fire, you get burned. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

These are the same idiots that turned a blind eye to 24 sexual assault accusers (now 25) because they wanted a good QB. Also the same fans that supported Miles Garrett's fake race baiting accusations. They deserve everything they get.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

I do feel bad for (some of) the Browns fans. Certainly, not the ones with the tshirts glorifying Watson’s previous hobbies. But, the Browns and their ownership deserve every ounce of what’s going on with this deal and Watson’s lackluster performance. Play with fire, you get burned. 

I remember going to the game in 2009, final score 6-3.  So embarrassing to be fan of both franchises, fans from both teams there just mocking the whole situation.  At least one of us has a respectable team now 😃

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The timing couldn't be more suspicious. After years of defending the worst contract in the NFL, trying to diminish and minimize the protests at his signing, there's suddenly an onslaught of lawsuits? Too convenient for ownership who suddenly want to move on.

Browns fans don't deserve it, but ownership deserves this contract. The NFLPA should fight the Haslem's attempting to wiggle out from the albatross PR disaster of a contract they more than willingly signed away their collective dignity for. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, K D said:

These are the same idiots that turned a blind eye to 24 sexual assault accusers (now 25) because they wanted a good QB. Also the same fans that supported Miles Garrett's fake race baiting accusations. They deserve everything they get.

I 100% guarantee you that if we didn't have Josh Allen, there would have been a sizable portion of this fan base yelling to trade for Watson when he was available. They would have done the same mental gymnastics as Browns fans. Bought the same amount of Watson jerseys. They would have celebrated giving him that same idiotic contract. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

Karma really found itself to the Browns. Maybe they luck out with a new lawsuit or something, but regardless they have at least this year gone after wasting the prior 2 when they have a good coach and a solid roster. I honestly think if they put Jamesis in theyd make the playoffs but they seem hell bent on nuking their season with Watson.

screw them.  I hope they are stuck with this bum.  serves them right.  they gave up on a much better QB and gave away a tone of value (the money is meaningless at this point) for their current flash in the pan QB.