Low key Wr #1

Mat68

On 9/10/2024 at 12:14 PM, Nephilim17 said:

I'm hoping he impresses this year but remember he's still only 21 and the youngest player on the team. If he does not produce 100-yard games this year, we can't freak out.

Oh man, could you imagine if we had him, and had kept Edmunds, 2 superstars under the age of 23 on the same team!  

I hope this youngster matures quicker.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Oh man, could you imagine if we had him, and had kept Edmunds, 2 superstars under the age of 23 on the same team!  

I like to think of the dream world where we have Edmunds AND Rapp at the same time!!! 2 players who ONLY headshot their teammates! We could have an entirely new young team by season's end, just replacing all our old guys who got knocked out because of those two morons.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

That'd be like arresting someone for assault because they fought off a mugger.

Well it did happen in NY 😁

Yes I 100% agree. This is the style of WR play that pays off in the playoffs. 

Our shifty (usually hobbled by that time) Smurf approach failed us every time. I’m VERY happy with this new direction. 

Edited by DaggersEOD

4 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I know you're kidding here but I was not a fan of Edmunds and think while Edmunds had elite physical traits he didn't have the instincts. I think Coleman may be a much smarter player. I just don't want to have unrealistic expectations for the kid.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If by the end of this year Coleman has established himself as at least legitimate #2 outside receiver and Shakir has continued to build on last year in the slot they will feel a bit like they did coming out of 2019 into 2020 where they are just that true #1 stud away from an elite set of weapons. The question then is are you getting that guy the way they got Diggs (trade) or via the draft. And that might depend on how early they are picking. 

Where does Curtis Samuel fit in?  I think he is going to be very active lining up all over the place.

Samuel and Kincaid did not have a big role Sunday.  I'm quite sure that will not happen every week.

I know evaluators need to put WRs in specific roles but maybe a little more weight should be put into what Brady has said about WR roles.

Brady is trying to implement something different and at least for me I'm going to give it some time to see how it's develops.

It may be that the last thing Brady wants to do is go back to acquiring a "stud WR#1" who by definition needs the lion's share of targets.

8 hours ago, Prospector said:

I like to think of the dream world where we have Edmunds AND Rapp at the same time!!! 2 players who ONLY headshot their teammates! We could have an entirely new young team by season's end, just replacing all our old guys who got knocked out because of those two morons.

For real, I was so pissed we brought Rapp back bc he seems to make impact plays on his own team and it didn’t take him a full half to knock out arguably the best player on D.  Such a putz, I wish he would have gone elsewhere.

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Where does Curtis Samuel fit in?  I think he is going to be very active lining up all over the place.

Samuel and Kincaid did not have a big role Sunday.  I'm quite sure that will not happen every week.

I know evaluators need to put WRs in specific roles but maybe a little more weight should be put into what Brady has said about WR roles.

Brady is trying to implement something different and at least for me I'm going to give it some time to see how it's develops.

It may be that the last thing Brady wants to do is go back to acquiring a "stud WR#1" who by definition needs the lion's share of targets.

Unfortunately, if history tells us anything, Samuel will lead the team in injury report sightings.  While he has elite physical traits and a really versatile skill set, he’s never managed to be a huge contributor because the number one attribute one must have is availability.  I like the guy, pumped he’s a Bill, but his contract is a reflection of his issues in the league.   If he had been healthy his whole career, he would be literally making 4x as much.

56 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Unfortunately, if history tells us anything, Samuel will lead the team in injury report sightings.  While he has elite physical traits and a really versatile skill set, he’s never managed to be a huge contributor because the number one attribute one must have is availability.  I like the guy, pumped he’s a Bill, but his contract is a reflection of his issues in the league.   If he had been healthy his whole career, he would be literally making 4x as much.

We will see.  He has been pretty healthy the last 2 years.