Low key Wr #1

Mat68

I've been waiting all of Josh's career for him to have a WR that he can just chuck the ball to downfield in single coverage and expect him to come down with it more often than not. I never understood the criticism of the pick that said "Allen likes seeing separation before throwing the ball." I don't know where that narrative came from. Allen has always been a gunslinger that will give his guy a chance... He just hasn't ever had anybody worth giving that kind of chance too. Coleman in one game proved he can make those kinds of plays and Allen will trust him more and more as he continues to prove himself.

What really impressed me about the catch is the CB didn't play it poorly. He appropriately attempted to use the sideline as an extra defender. Coleman just didn't let him get away with it. Held his ground, boxed him out, stayed inbounds, and came down with an effortless catch.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sojourner said:

personally, in today’s players, Keon reminds me of Keenan Allen. From years prior? Michael Irvin. 

he’s got a stud throwing him the ball so his production and adjustment to the pros is only going to be helped to become comparable to those 2 mentioned above. 

I'm thinking Allen Robinson in his younger years. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Kid played great for a first game.

Lots of the usual suspects awfully quiet rn. (mrags and such)

I still don’t think he’s going to be as good as many of the other WRs drafted after him. But I was impressed with this game. He did better than I expected.

and for the record, I’ve been mostly quiet in general the last month because I’ve been suspended for most of it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I'm hoping he impresses this year but remember he's still only 21 and the youngest player on the team. If he does not produce 100-yard games this year, we can't freak out.

Barring injury he will absolutely break 100 yards.  Buffalo didnt play him the most by accident.  If Miami plays Kincaid the way Arizona did Coleman will have a massive game Thursday.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Barring injury he will absolutely break 100 yards.  Buffalo didnt play him the most by accident.  If Miami plays Kincaid the way Arizona did Coleman will have a massive game Thursday.  

The Fins are going to do a bunch of different things in defense. It's going to be on Josh to recognize what's available each play. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Motorin' said:

The Fins are going to do a bunch of different things in defense. It's going to be on Josh to recognize what's available each play. 

Agreed.  I think the run game is going to make the early down reads easy on him.  They didnt really do anything to replace Wilkins.  Buffalo will attempt to run right at them like they did in January.  The early rush rate vs Arizona seems like an obvious move to force Miami to scheme against it on a short week.  Play action early and often with Kincaid and Coleman over the middle. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Keon Coleman quietly led Wrs in snaps, yards, catches and targets.  He didnt have a breakout game but he looked like a pro.  The ball is going to find him more.   He is going to have a very big game in the next few weeks.  100 plus yards multiple TDs.  He broke open on some of the all 22 ive seen.  He is slowly building a penthouse in Allens trust tree.  Would love to see it vs Miami Thursday but if not then very soon.  Low key Buffalo found their guy.  They will look at the film and see Coleman was open a lot.  

His All-22 film week 1 was quite impressive.  He easily could have had a big game this week between the slant he won for a TD that Allen said he should have thrown him before running it in himself, to other times he was open but so were others and the ball was spread around.  What I highlighted in bold is exactly what Allen alluded to in his post-game conference too.  He said he should have thrown Keon the ball and seeing him win there and throughout the game made him realize he needs to just trust in him fully and it gave him the confidence to throw that deep shot he caught.  

What I loved the most about it is how hard he played when he wasn't getting the ball, he was all in committed to all the dirty work and it was pivotal on some other players big plays, including Shakir's TD.

Its one game, each game is different, and teams may start giving him more attention.  So not sure what the next game holds, but it was an impressive start to his career here.

7 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I'll take some Hines Ward type of player.  

Its a shame Ward doesn't get more recognition for just how good he was.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Sweats said:

But, but, but, no one wanted him in Buffalo......he's too slow and can't create separation. His 40 time was the worst the combine has ever seen.

We should have thrown the entire draft at MHJ, maybe Mitchell, maybe Worthy......

**** around and find out, boys.

AHEM....

6 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I am all there with you on the optimism on Keon...but for this week...I don't know...the Fins front 7 is a mess.  Don't be surprised if the run game is clicking all game this week.  One way to negate speed is keep Miami's offense off the field and dominate the time of possession.  And don't forget, one of the lone bright spots for the Fins D is still Ramsey, so he may see a lot of him this week which will be a much stiffer test than anything he saw from AZ too.

However, its still possible, especially if we are a more pass heavy offense this week.  But I do think we are going to find success running on Miami and look to dominate the TOP this week on our way to a decisive win.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What I loved the most about it is how hard he played when he wasn't getting the ball, he was all in committed to all the dirty work and it was pivotal on some other players big plays, including Shakir's TD.

I think he has legit badass DNA and is going to become increasingly intimidating as he gets older.

Within 3 years he's going to be wearing a sign that says "Not to be f***** with".

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1