Low key Wr #1

Mat68

Keon Coleman quietly led Wrs in snaps, yards, catches and targets.  He didnt have a breakout game but he looked like a pro.  The ball is going to find him more.   He is going to have a very big game in the next few weeks.  100 plus yards multiple TDs.  He broke open on some of the all 22 ive seen.  He is slowly building a penthouse in Allens trust tree.  Would love to see it vs Miami Thursday but if not then very soon.  Low key Buffalo found their guy.  They will look at the film and see Coleman was open a lot.  

• Like (+1) 16
  • Agree 1

But, but, but, no one wanted him in Buffalo......he's too slow and can't create separation. His 40 time was the worst the combine has ever seen.

We should have thrown the entire draft at MHJ, maybe Mitchell, maybe Worthy......

**** around and find out, boys.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Sweats said:

But, but, but, no one wanted him in Buffalo......he's too slow and can't create separation. His 40 time was the worst the combine has ever seen.

We should have thrown the entire draft at MHJ, maybe Mitchell, maybe Worthy......

Funny how all the NFL former WR's that are media personalities now loved him including Ocho Cinco and Randy Moss

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

to me what stood out is his effortless smoothness.  really similar to dalton kinkaid.  neither have huge speed, but they aren't really slow either.

they just adjust and move and catch naturally.  so many guys, gabe davis being a great (terrible) example, are like rushing and scrambling all the time, really frenetic pace type stuff.  kinkaid and coleman look much more relaxed in the process of getting open and catching the ball.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

As a tall WR he essentially has one job. Catch and hold onto the ball. He did that Week One. I was impressed. He is not expected to be a speed guy, or a deep threat. 

He caught the only deep pass of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mat68 said:

He caught the only deep pass of the game. 

Somewhat true, but it’s not his primary role in this offense….and while it was a longer pass, I’m not sure I’d characterize it is a deep ball. It was a sideline jump ball….which is his strength and his role. Again, very nice play by the rookie. 

• Eyeroll 1

personally, in today’s players, Keon reminds me of Keenan Allen. From years prior? Michael Irvin. 

he’s got a stud throwing him the ball so his production and adjustment to the pros is only going to be helped to become comparable to those 2 mentioned above. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Keon showed what he needed to week 1 - sure hands, lineup all over the field, ability to win one on one, and willingness to block at the boundary.

If he can continue to hone those skills.... the pick will be a good one

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

My goal is to have Shakir, Kincaid, Coleman to secretly perform as #1 receiving targets while putting up just under the threshold amount of stats that would cause anyone nationally to realize what has happened. 

If the squawking heads don't crow about our WR corps, it'll offer a nice fantasy football buy low situation on our dudes. 

Keon takes that performance as a baseline, continues to improve (yes with ups and downs) and makes a difference with 50/50 balls in the end zone. We are not gonna be upset. But 1 game.... next up.... do it again... 

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

He may not have to separate.  If he can turn those 50/50 balls to 70% then he'll be extremely productive. 

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Dear god. It was one freaking game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Some of the trouble is for him who is such a red zone threat and our running backs, is that once near the goal line Josh is so hard to keep out it's hard not to just have him do it.

With his hand I think that will not be the plan in the coming weeks. 

• Agree 1