Around the NFL after week 1

zow2

2 hours ago, mannc said:

The Carolina trade in which they ended up with Bryce Young was horrific, but it was really just the selection that made it bad; if Carolina had picked CJ Stroud, it would have been considered an excellent trade for the Panthers. 

OMG

They we’re talking draft today on the local afternoon show. Worst team in the league with NYG next up.

3 hours ago, mannc said:

The Carolina trade in which they ended up with Bryce Young was horrific, but it was really just the selection that made it bad; if Carolina had picked CJ Stroud, it would have been considered an excellent trade for the Panthers. 

Yeah I agree with that.  Carolina is just a huge dumpster fire. 

But not at this or the Dallas-Minnesota level bad. 

Both cases they traded a guy...

Honorable mention to Danger Russ Wilson going to the broncos.  Not as bad as above until Denver said hey here's 200 million before he got in the locker room for no apparent reason

Edited by TBBills Fan

1 hour ago, Punching Bag said:

Referees are also sloppy during early games and they were supposed to work in training camps to get up to date on rules but games seem to be called inconstantly.

Spot on, officiating is horrible!

13 hours ago, zow2 said:

Shocker, but from the eye test after week 1, no one would blink if the Super Bowl is once again:  KC vs San Francisco

The challengers early are Baltimore, Houston in the AFC and Detroit, Dallas in the NFC... Things always change, some of the contenders may fall back due to injuries, etc.. and some of the teams that look mediocre in week 1 will emerge.  

I don't see Miami, Buffalo or certainly not the Jets contending as of yet.  The Bills O could be really good, but the D needs to button up or they are not going anywhere in January (if they even make it).

Defense wins championships!!!!!

23 hours ago, Billl said:

I thought the Jets looked completely outclassed by the 49ers last night.  Interestingly enough, Vegas still has them essentially tied with Buffalo in terms of their odds to win the division.  Miami is +165, Buffalo is +195, and NY is +200.  I can’t imagine who is lining up today to put their money on the Jets after witnessing that mess.  From where I sit, they’ve got a better chance of firing Saleh mid-season than they do of winning the division.

The reason odds are still equal is because our uncommon opponents aren't even close lol

We play the Ravens, Chiefs and Lions

They play Broncos, Vikings, Steelers

We play 3 top 5 teams, they play 3 bottom 10ish teams

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, ngbills said:

Very similar games. MIA dominated JAX in the second half like we did. Still think JAX is a better team than AZ so better win for MIA. We will find out this week who is the better team at this point...hopefully it is us. 

They were not similar games. I don’t think you watched the MIA game. Dolphins looked soft. Jax ran the ball at will on them and Miami’s OL couldn’t get much push either. If McDaniel can’t scheme up quick, open looks the Dolphins’ O gets pushed around and Tua is hesitant. Miami got dominated for 3/4 of the game and a few flukey plays got them the W. 

That is not what happened in Buffalo.

15 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I guess Allen or Baker didn’t have enough style points for PFF? Playing a nearly flawless game and bringing your team the W isn’t as impressive as getting your butt kicked on MNF I guess.

Rodgers was 13 of 21 for 167 yards 1 TD 1 INT. I hope that trends continues all year. Probably gets worse once he goes thru the wear and tear of the season. 

2 hours ago, MDH said:

They were not similar games. I don’t think you watched the MIA game. Dolphins looked soft. Jax ran the ball at will on them and Miami’s OL couldn’t get much push either. If McDaniel can’t scheme up quick, open looks the Dolphins’ O gets pushed around and Tua is hesitant. Miami got dominated for 3/4 of the game and a few flukey plays got them the W. 

That is not what happened in Buffalo.

Really?

The Bills could not stop AZ The first 3 AZ drives went for 70, 61, and 71 yards and were all 10 plays or more. The Bills literally could not hold them on a single drive in the 1st half. The Bills turned it around in the 2nd half. AZ had one solid drive in the 2nd half for 58 yards and scored 3 points. The other 4 drives gained only 22 yards total, though 1 ended in a fumble on the 2nd play and the final drive AZ was able to move the ball. 

MIA actually stopped JAX on the first and third drives of the game but did give up 96, 55, and 43 yard drives in the first half. MIA also buckled down in the 2nd half and only gave up one big drive of 94 yards but the other 5 JAX drives all went nowhere. JAX scored 0 points in the 2nd half and excluding the one big drove only gained 10 total yards in 5 drives.