Around the NFL after week 1

zow2

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Based solely on week 1 results:

Top 4 of AFC: KC, BAL, HOU, MIA

Top 4 of NFC: SF, PHI, DAL, DET

Why Miami? They looked like crap. Why Baltimore? They lost.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Based solely on week 1 results:

Top 4 of AFC: KC, BAL, HOU, MIA

Top 4 of NFC: SF, PHI, DAL, DET

Lol.. Miami looked awful and Jacksonville literally fumbled the game away.

You can think Miami is the 4th best team but to say "based solely on Week 1 results" is a hilarious take.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Poor Cleveland.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-trade-and-contract-the-worst-in-nfl-history-browns-qb-gets-off-to-rocky-start-in-week-1/

Harbaugh got off to a nice with the Chargers win. Even though the game was in Sofi it looked and sounded like the crowd was 65%-35% in favor of the Raiders.

Watching the NFL in Souther California's weird (except Oakland), NFL has too much competition from outdoor activities and the ocean. Crowds are not into it the way Bills fans are and often seem bored. In 1985 I went to a Rams game with Eric Dickerson playing for the Rams, he was having a great year and game and the best you get out those in attendance was clapping while in seats, weird place! Hell, Bills fans go wild when a reserve running back runs for a first down!

I get that I'm a homer - but I was really encouraged by our 1st game.  I think we can be as much of a contender as we've always been.

We made so many mistakes, but the talent looked to be there.  Take away a few things like the kickoff return and roughing on Murray, and that game is close to a blowout in our favor.  Coleman looks like a guy who could have a really big season for us. The running game is very solid.  

The D was bad for a half - but when they made adjustments, they shut it down in the 2nd.  Groot has taken that next step and could dominate.  I'm concerned about the safety play, but hopefully Bishop can come in and get acclimated enough so that it's a tighter unit the 2nd part of the season.

And I don't see any other teams that are too scary, outside of KC and SF.  I thought SF looked incredible.  KC looked really good - but I think we can compete w/ them again.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Success said:

I get that I'm a homer - but I was really encouraged by our 1st game.  I think we can be as much of a contender as we've always been.

We made so many mistakes, but the talent looked to be there.  Take away a few things like the kickoff return and roughing on Murray, and that game is close to a blowout in our favor.  Coleman looks like a guy who could have a really big season for us. The running game is very solid.  

The D was bad for a half - but when they made adjustments, they shut it down in the 2nd.  Groot has taken that next step and could dominate.  I'm concerned about the safety play, but hopefully Bishop can come in and get acclimated enough so that it's a tighter unit the 2nd part of the season.

And I don't see any other teams that are too scary, outside of KC and SF.  I thought SF looked incredible.  KC looked really good - but I think we can compete w/ them again.  

Beat Miami on Thursday Night and I'm right there with you.  

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why Miami? They looked like crap. Why Baltimore? They lost.

I would be fine removing MIA. I added them because I had 4 in the NFC. But I put them there bc a win vs JAC is a decent win vs other AFC team wins.

BAL lost by a toenail to the #1 team. Think that loss is better than most AFC wins. 

23 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Come on, Philly looked like garbage. 

Still win over GB is better than most NFC wins. 

51 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Lol.. Miami looked awful and Jacksonville literally fumbled the game away.

You can think Miami is the 4th best team but to say "based solely on Week 1 results" is a hilarious take.

Who is #4 then? Bills are right there but barely beating JAX > barely beating AZ. 

34 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Beat Miami on Thursday Night and I'm right there with you.  

Agree with this. We beat MIA we are top 2 regardless of of what BAL or HOU do. Again, this is based only on the two weeks of results nothing else. 

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I would be fine removing MIA. I added them because I had 4 in the NFC. But I put them there bc a win vs JAC is a decent win vs other AFC team wins.

BAL lost by a toenail to the #1 team. Think that loss is better than most AFC wins. 

Still win over GB is better than most NFC wins. 

Who is #4 then? Bills are right there but barely beating JAX > barely beating AZ. 

Agree with this. We beat MIA we are top 2 regardless of of what BAL or HOU do. Again, this is based only on the two weeks of results nothing else. 

We dominated Arizona after 1.5 quarters and in fluky fashion almost lost.

Miami beat Jacksonville and in fluky fashion, won.

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Poor Cleveland.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-trade-and-contract-the-worst-in-nfl-history-browns-qb-gets-off-to-rocky-start-in-week-1/

Harbaugh got off to a nice with the Chargers win. Even though the game was in Sofi it looked and sounded like the crowd was 65%-35% in favor of the Raiders.

Put it to paper and this is probably the worst deal ever.  I think this b at the hershal Walker trade and Ditka trading his entire draft for Ricky Williams

44 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We dominated Arizona after 1.5 quarters and in fluky fashion almost lost.

Miami beat Jacksonville and in fluky fashion, won.

Very similar games. MIA dominated JAX in the second half like we did. Still think JAX is a better team than AZ so better win for MIA. We will find out this week who is the better team at this point...hopefully it is us. 

43 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Put it to paper and this is probably the worst deal ever.  I think this b at the hershal Walker trade and Ditka trading his entire draft for Ricky Williams

The Carolina trade in which they ended up with Bryce Young was horrific, but it was really just the selection that made it bad; if Carolina had picked CJ Stroud, it would have been considered an excellent trade for the Panthers. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Very similar games. MIA dominated JAX in the second half like we did. Still think JAX is a better team than AZ so better win for MIA. We will find out this week who is the better team at this point...hopefully it is us. 

Agree, Jax is a better win than Arizona as of today but who knows if Arizona goes on to become a legit team this year with playoff aspirations? We shall see. ya never know.  

Its was also a better win for Miami as it gave them a 1-0 AFC record.  They and New England are listed ahead of Buffalo on the basis of AFC record.

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

They only managed 20 points and got a lucky win. But it really doesn't matter. You are entitled to you opinion.

6 hours ago, amprov56 said:

Great point, September has become the real Pre Season they just count for real now, unfortunately. Way too much football to be played with many surprises to come yet we keep getting doom and gloom based on one game ha ha!.

I wonder how many teams would  have better standings at end of September if they took preseason more seriously.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

The Browns have apparently appealed this decision by the Commissioner and asked if "are you sure?"

Commissioner probably said "Nothing new. You knew he was trouble when you signed him to fully guaranteed contract.

1 minute ago, Punching Bag said:

I wonder how many teams would  have better standings at end of September if they took preseason more seriously.

You are absolutely right, NFL is sloppy and undisciplined throughout September, I remember when they had six pre season games. Not saying go back to that but training camps need to get more focused than they are.

8 minutes ago, amprov56 said:

You are absolutely right, NFL is sloppy and undisciplined throughout September, I remember when they had six pre season games. Not saying go back to that but training camps need to get more focused than they are.

Referees are also sloppy during early games and they were supposed to work in training camps to get up to date on rules but games seem to be called inconstantly.

• Agree 1