One picture that says everything about Josh Allen

Inigo Montoya

3 hours ago, T.E. said:

This may need a ***HOMER ALERT***, but I'm 40, have been watching football since I was like 6, and I'm pretty sure that, in a vacuum, he's the best all-around player I've ever watched.

damn same as me. 40 and my first football memories ever were wide right putting me at six years old.

he is every bit as good as my Mahomes. Different playing styles, but both have secondary reaction skills, second to none.

3 hours ago, elroy16 said:

Not to be that guy, but this is the picture that says everything about Josh Allen. Two guys on the ground, a flag on the ground from Josh throwing a defender by the facemask, one defender looking in disbelief, stiff arming the best defensive player in the league, all with a huge grin on his face.

The dude as a mother ***** animal and I ***** love him.

E6WEEEBFUNC3DBLWCNRMNK4QII.jpg?auth=c1f1

he just has so many of them over the years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, pmcmvabillsfan said:

I remember a SI cover with a bunch of Bills players (Conlan, Talley, others) crushing Jay Schroeder in the AFC Championship game.  Different context, but this pic has some of those elements. Cover-worthy.  Great stuff.

yeah i remember it well too...lol 

buffalo-bills-bad.jpg

3 hours ago, elroy16 said:

Not to be that guy, but this is the picture that says everything about Josh Allen. Two guys on the ground, a flag on the ground from Josh throwing a defender by the facemask, one defender looking in disbelief, stiff arming the best defensive player in the league, all with a huge grin on his face.

Can't find the clip of Allen stiff arming the Miami LB to the ground by the chest then running over him. Also one of my favorites.

1 hour ago, Lafromboise said:

Still Overrated

In terms of physical skills Josh has little to no peers, the closest I can recall was John Elway when look at running ability and sheer arm strength. In terms of intangibles it seems most players gravitate to him as he's got charisma. Toughness and accountability are easy to see as well. I won't say he's in the Brady caliber of clutch ness as think Mahomes is the only one that has that. Yet what's that leave Josh? Arguably the 2nd best QB in the league today. Shannon Sharpe made a point on his show with Ochocinco a few weeks back when Josh was named overrated he said when his career is over Josh could/will have 100 rushing TDs and 400 passing TDs, an amazing stat if you really think about it. I know people will cry about rings but the best passing QB to ever play the game in Marino doesn't have one, the best rushing QB (Vick and maybe Lamar) doesn't have one. Will the most complete QB ever get one? It has yet to be determined but remember that comparison guy I brought up? It took him 12 seasons to get his first and 13 seasons to get his second. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

In terms of physical skills Josh has little to no peers, the closest I can recall was John Elway when look at running ability and sheer arm strength. In terms of intangibles it seems most players gravitate to him as he's got charisma. Toughness and accountability are easy to see as well. I won't say he's in the Brady caliber of clutch ness as think Mahomes is the only one that has that. Yet what's that leave Josh? Arguably the 2nd best QB in the league today. Shannon Sharpe made a point on his show with Ochocinco a few weeks back when Josh was named overrated he said when his career is over Josh could/will have 100 rushing TDs and 400 passing TDs, an amazing stat if you really think about it. I know people will cry about rings but the best passing QB to ever play the game in Marino doesn't have one, the best rushing QB (Vick and maybe Lamar) doesn't have one. Will the most complete QB ever get one? It has yet to be determined but remember that comparison guy I brought up? It took him 12 seasons to get his first and 13 seasons to get his second. 

I've been watching and playing football since 10. I'm 33 now and had no clue elway went to five super bowls. Thought he just won the back to back one before retiring

1 hour ago, Avisan said:

Very obvious final outcome from the still frame, of course.

Allen is a ridiculous player.

It's ridiculous just how much is put on his shoulders each year, and it's an indictment on the coaching staff and front office.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I think his clutchness is underappreciated though.  He has left the field with a lead so many times and not gotten the credit cause the defense let them down.  These are all leaving the field in the last or second to last possession with a lead (most were within the last 2 minutes.

CLE 2019

ARI 2020

KC 2021

NE 2023

DEN 2023

PHI 2023 (TWICE!!!)

Theres also very close ones like HOU 2019, TEN 2021, MIN 2022, KC 2023 which dont fit the criteria above we either tied the game or just weirdness happened (sometimes josh or kicking).  Considering he only has 30 loss in total its crazy to think he should have 10 more wins!  Thats in addition to his 13 4th quarter comebacks and 19 Game Winning Drives.  2 comebacks and 3 game winning drives per year not count the 10 i listed here.  

5 hours ago, pmcmvabillsfan said:

I remember a SI cover with a bunch of Bills players (Conlan, Talley, others) crushing Jay Schroeder in the AFC Championship game.  Different context, but this pic has some of those elements. Cover-worthy.  Great stuff.

Actually that cover is from the next regular season (around week 10-11),  the championship game Buffalo dressed blue on white 

7 hours ago, elroy16 said:

I want to win a Super Bowl as much as the next guy, but if you can’t enjoy the hell out of stuff like that, I don’t know what to tell you. 

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Sorry, I didn’t click because they annoy me. This might be unpopular, but I couldn’t give a rat’s ass about an MVP for Josh. Sure, he probably should deserve several before he’s done, but Lamar Jackson has two already. Good for him. 

I’d rather hold out for Super Bowl MVP.  :)

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm around the same age, and I've seen better athletes in the NFL, but I've never seen a better "put the team on your back and make a play happen by shear force of will" player than Allen. 

I got to grow up watching Kelly, and now my kid is growing up watching Allen, and we all try to drink enough to forget who was inbetween them.

Well I'm exactly 20 years older than you mister. And I'm gonna tell ya that neither Josh nor Jim could hold Joe Ferguson's jock....perhaps the greatest NFL QB of all time! Well maybe not the greatest of all time.....or even the greatest Bills QB now that I took my Prevagen. 

Anyway I want you and that hoodlum friend of yours @T.E. to mind your manners and..........

Baby Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

This is a great photo of Josh at the bottom of a huge pile of lineman with a grin on his face like a 9 year old kid playing Pop Warner. 

This is the Josh Allen Experience

Allen.jpg

He's mostly happy its not Christian Wilkins grabbing his junk.

52 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

That fact that he gets a first down on the play is amazing

Now this is something I will say without a doubt that no other QB can do....ever.  Wrapped up with two defenders ahead of him and not go down.

I think 95% of tight ends couldn't pick up the first here.

• Like (+1) 1