Von Miller proves the doubters wrong

1 hour ago, Hsker4life said:

Tripped on a teammate that was shoved into him by Von. Let the agendas go, you’ll have way more fun watching the games. 

I don't have an agenda. I said I didn't watch him, only the amount of pressure Murray got.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

See... I don't just say "ah you just don't like Von..." because I humored you and posted the play itself and explained it all the way through.  If you see it very differently, then you see it incorrectly.  If you want to just keep seeing it incorrectly, then keep arguing.  Problem is that as far as that play is concerned, you're wrong.  And yet you call your perception--the wrong one, by the way... objectively the wrong one--"the reality."

It's just silly.

I don't need anyone to agree with me as far as that play is concerned because you can't agree or disagree with a fact... and the fact is that Von clearly was most responsible for that sack and had a very good rep to earn it.  You can disagree with that all you want... but disagreeing with a fact makes you look dumb.

You're just wrong.

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't give him credit over Von. Nor did I say Von didn't do a decent job on that play. I said it was a freebie sack. Any of them could have been the first to Murray to tag him when on the ground. And it isn't proof of anything.

What is your position? That those guys didn't win their assignments? Or that those guys winning their assignments had no part in reducing Murray's escape routes and that it was all Von Miller? Miller played a part in the pressure. Three Bills defenders closed in. Murray tripped over trying to fashion a way out. Von got a freebie sack.

You actually did say that Ed and Groot beat their reps and basically all Miller did was get the tag.  Let me ask you this... Why was Murray on the ground

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am saying you are wrong. Disagree with me all you want. You are entitled to. It won't change the reality. But I have explained my perspective and all you do is say "ah you just don't like Von". Nothing is further from the truth. I disagree. I see that same play as you and I see it very differently. You want everyone to agree with you. I don't. Not because I have agenda. But because I really believe you are wrong.

Gunner something is seriously clouding your judgement on this.  Pretty much the entire world see's that play as Von.  You are pretty much the only one in the world that doesn't. You're one of the most respected posters on this board and this is a little bit of an exaggeration but your stubbornness on this is ruining your rep.  Murray was on the ground because Von pushed his man into his lap.  That is a fact.  Everyone sees that but you.  Maybe think about that for a second.  If you removed the lineman and Murray tripped over Vons legs would you then just say Von got a freebee because they lineman wasnt there?

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

I think it’s obvious to 99% of people who watched the game that Von looked much improved over the ***** version we witnessed last year.

People need to stop putting certain posters opinions on some heightened pedestal, I certainly agree with some posters more than others but it’s a fan forum and we’re all going to be wrong at times. When a poster sticks to an obviously faulty opinion you just have to let it go, one poor opinion shouldn’t automatically discredit all their previous intelligent takes or their future ones.

Edited by julian
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Doc said:

Is there another angle of the play?  I could be persuaded to change my mind that the LT actually tripped Murray.

There is another angle somewhere on these forums from behind the QB.  Miller pushed his guy into Murray.  Murray tried to step up in the pocket and tripped over the linemans left leg.

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

There is another angle somewhere on these forums from behind the QB.  Miller pushed his guy into Murray.  Murray tried to step up in the pocket and tripped over the linemans left leg.

Thanks but I'd love to see it for myself.  Any idea what thread?

Edit:  Found the clip:

It was definitely Von's OT.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Von is sort of reminding of Aaron Schobel right now.

Took a bad injury later in his career that impacted his athleticism, got chewed out by fans for it and eventually came back with a game that had transitioned to a lot more power if slightly less athletic.

Schobel was a physical beast when he came back and shut his doubters up and Von could be moving down a similar road if he stays healthy.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I have watched the all22 back now. I don't think he was very impressive. He was fine (maybe fine is an upgrade from "meh" but I don't particularly intend it to be). He is definitely moving better than last year - I said that right at the start. But did he really impact the game? No I don't think he did. Others can think differently. I have no issue with that. But I have watched the game back. It isn't an agenda it is my actual conclusion. I think his performance is being exagerrated some. To me clear case of the eye test not supporting some of the data. I don't mind people thinking I am wrong. I do mind people presuming that is because I have an agenda. I don't.

When you spend 6 pages arguing why a players sack isn't worthy of praise it sort of makes you look like you have an agenda. 

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

here

this is same moment in time...very obvious miller gets credited for the play

i have no idea what the argument is about

mJT3Ag.jpg

lUZyWf.jpg

I have no idea. Looks obvious enough to me. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

When you spend 6 pages arguing why a players sack isn't worthy of praise it sort of makes you look like you have an agenda. 

I have no idea. Looks obvious enough to me. 

It is

The Epenesa/Oliver stunt gets shut down

Cards decide to slide double toward Rousseau

Miller takes advantage

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, julian said:

I People need to stop putting certain posters opinions on some heightened pedestal, I certainly agree with some posters more than others but it’s a fan forum and we’re all going to be wrong at times. When a poster sticks to an obviously faulty opinion you just have to let it go, one poor opinion shouldn’t automatically discredit all their previous intelligent takes or their future ones.

Thanks for this.  

• Like (+1) 3

On 9/9/2024 at 11:55 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Groot gets all the attention and deservedly so, but he already basically exceeded what he did for the entire season last year in one game.

When Von was on the field, you noticed him. 1 sack and 1 TFL as his impact plays aside, he was consistently a menace in the backfield. And anyone who doesn't want to give him credit for that sack should go watch the play again because he bull rushed the Tackle right into Murray, which caused it.

I was pretty confused at the amount of people saying things like "he has something like a 5% chance to do anything this season." :flirt:

Who knows what his sack production is for the rest of the season, but barring injury, he clearly looks like he'll be a net positive for our DL.

Hope the Von doubters find that Crow tasty  :beer:

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Ah the sack where Ed and Groot won their reps forced Kyler up and he tripped over and Von was the one who ran round to play tag? That sack?

He looked to be moving better than he did last year. That is fair. Beyond that, no. He did not prove the doubters wrong.

So why does it matter at all how Von Miller performed IN COMPARISON TO A PARTICULAR SEGMENT OF NEGATIVE EXPECTATIONS? What matters is how he performed. I don't really care about the tribal bit about haters vs supporters. I care that this older and recently-injured, but talented and well-paid player flashed in some meaningful ways. He has previously shown an ability to help close out games, and the rep that is bizarrely being downplayed on one side of the "debate" was clearly a high quality snap for Miller. His bull rush was impressive, and in large part led to his sack. Which helped to close out the game. 

Which is good for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1