Von Miller proves the doubters wrong

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. The rep is as I said. Murray trips up and Von taps him. He doesn't sack him in a traditional sense. 

You are talking nonsense. Haven't listened to Joe yet this week. I will. I respect his opinion. But unless he shows me stuff I missed in the game I disagree with him on Von. He was meh. 

He clearly caused that sack and for you to not give credit shows you’re too emotionaly invested 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. The rep is as I said. Murray trips up and Von taps him. He doesn't sack him in a traditional sense. 

You are talking nonsense. Haven't listened to Joe yet this week. I will. I respect his opinion. But unless he shows me stuff I missed in the game I disagree with him on Von. He was meh. 

Dude it’s not like you to be such a wan- - - about a player, lol,  you sound like Bado on a rant. Nuthin but luv but really? The player through his effort capitalizes on an opportunity, and you discount that…,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Dude it’s not like you to be such a wan- - - about a player, lol,  you sound like Bado on a rant. Nuthin but luv but really? The player through his effort capitalizes on an opportunity, and you discount that…,

I'm not trying to be that at all. I'm just saying it as a I see it. He did fine on the play but the sack was a bit of a freebie. It's like when Ed Oliver got his first career sack he got it on a flea flicker and said "yea I don't really count that one." It's equally like while I appreciate Groot's 3 sacks for the day the one he gets for chasing Murray out a yard shy is nice and I appreciate the effort but it doesn't tell me much about the pass rush in the way the other two do. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not trying to be that at all. I'm just saying it as a I see it. He did fine on the play but the sack was a bit of a freebie. It's like when Ed Oliver got his first career sack he got it on a flea flicker and said "yea I don't really count that one." It's equally like while I appreciate Groot's 3 sacks for the day the one he gets for chasing Murray out a yard shy is nice and I appreciate the effort but it doesn't tell me much about the pass rush in the way the other two do. 

9 more sacks to my accurate prediction.

Yeah the sack was a gimme sack for sure.  But he got great push on the RT and walked him back.  He was part of the pressure.

He moved better yesterday than he did all year last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Why was Epenesa lined up over center on that scheme? He got no penetration, and actually allowed for Oliver. to be double-teamed. Is this Babich being "clever"?

probably something to do with Murray being 5'9"

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

9 more sacks to my accurate prediction.

Yeah the sack was a gimme sack for sure.  But he got great push on the RT and walked him back.  He was part of the pressure.

He moved better yesterday than he did all year last year.

I agree with this, and if he gets 9 more sacks this year I'll be happy to eat crow. I just don't think there was anything there yesterday to support a victory lap. Was there some encouragement compared to last year? Sure. Was this a "Von is back" performance? Not even close and that 'sack' is definitely not evidence of that. 

• Disagree 1

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I can accept you view, although I like my spin better…

I was happy to see him get involved- proving any doubters wrong will require consistency!

IF and i mean a big IF because Im not expecting it - if he can keep this up and become force to gameplan around again - we could just be in a nice spot on defense.

Pass rush creates more mistake for Offenses - more INT's this year potentially for our back end guys.

Groot showing promise to be a double digit sack monster along with Ed Oliver (i think he will get back to form, not sure where he was sunday, but game one - he will have his ears pinned back against the dol;hins i think). I like it.

Pressure with the front four will help this defense incredibly - thats all im asking for.  He has also definitely groomed and helped Groot.  You see it

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Uhhhh... no.

Was that a dream you had?

Here's the rep

Joe Marino did his All-22 review today... he said this might have been his favorite game from Von Miller as a Bill.

Boy...

You're batting 1000

giphy.gif

well if JOE MARINO says so

:lol: