Von Miller proves the doubters wrong

8 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Damn shame we lost the "Man I hate the fact Von Miller is on this team" thread"🤣

What happened to it? I saw that I had 4 notifications regarding that thread, and couldn't figure out why it was saying I didn't have permission to view it.

Did it just get deleted or something?

8 hours ago, Hsker4life said:

“Von was only able to do that thanks to the other 3 DL winning their battles.” 

@GunnerBill

No his two sacks the last two games have been legit. I mean Walker Little really sucks, I'm still stunned he was a 2nd round pick, but Von flew past him on that play like he wasn't even there! 

People can hate on me for my honest opinion on week 1 all they want. I'm not the only person who wasn't bowled over by it. It was his lowest pass rush grade of the first three weeks by PFF too. I'm more than happy to give Von his flowers for Jacksonville and even more so Miami (he was exceptional in the Dolphins game). I don't think he was anything special week 1 and he got a freebie sack. I just say it how I see it. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No his two sacks the last two games have been legit. I mean Walker Little really sucks, I'm still stunned he was a 2nd round pick, but Von flew past him on that play like he wasn't even there! 

People can hate on me for my honest opinion on week 1 all they want. I'm not the only person who wasn't bowled over by it. It was his lowest pass rush grade of the first three weeks by PFF too. I'm more than happy to give Von his flowers for Jacksonville and even more so Miami (he was exceptional in the Dolphins game). I don't think he was anything special week 1 and he got a freebie sack. I just say it how I see it. 

this is what I had a problem with.  He long armed his tackle straight back into the pocket just the Rousseau did.  Rousseau may have been closer to Kyler and forced him to move first, but Vons push forced him up and into the pocket and limited Kyler to where he could go.  

Sure, he didn’t corral him and take him down, but it’s not like he didn’t have an impact on the play.  He pushed the pocket into his lap

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

this is what I had a problem with.  He long armed his tackle straight back into the pocket just the Rousseau did.  Rousseau may have been closer to Kyler and forced him to move first, but Vons push forced him up and into the pocket and limited Kyler to where he could go.  

Sure, he didn’t corral him and take him down, but it’s not like he didn’t have an impact on the play.  He pushed the pocket into his lap

I'm not re-litigating it but I haven't changed my view on that play. 

• Disagree 1

16 hours ago, Hsker4life said:

“Von was only able to do that thanks to the other 3 DL winning their battles.” 

@GunnerBill

Which is 100% true. Id love to be the first to call Gunner wrong but our DL is twitchy and encompassing. 

Mix in a double corner blitz and the pass protection is even more difficult. We are coming around the corner every time

Miller gets all the credit for his straight up bullrush against the backup RT from Miami tho. 

Edited by boyst
  • Haha (+1) 1

Von is 6th in pass pressure win rate in the league.

You saw signs of this in the pre season, you could also hear it in his voice and words that he had something to prove to everyone including himself.

He’s pretty close to where he was 2 years ago and this version of Von is a huge plus for the Bills and their prospects going forward for this year.