Von Miller proves the doubters wrong

On 9/10/2024 at 12:51 AM, GunnerBill said:

Yea. The rep is as I said. Murray trips up and Von taps him. He doesn't sack him in a traditional sense. 

You are talking nonsense. Haven't listened to Joe yet this week. I will. I respect his opinion. But unless he shows me stuff I missed in the game I disagree with him on Von. He was meh. 

Von is playing better.

Sure Murray trips... after Von pushes his RT into his lap driving him back with one arm extension so he can peel off and mop up Murray.

Not sure any apologies are owed to Von as there are far more football players that do not come back from those injuries to play at a high level than those that do.

Hope this season he continues to stay strong and prove all the doubters wrong.

We need him.

Edited by WideNine

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

Von is playing better.

Sure Murray trips... after Von pushes his RT into his lap driving him back with one arm extension so be can peel off and mop up Murray.

Not sure any apologies are owed to Von as there are far more football players that do not come back from those injuries to play at a high level than those that do.

Hope this season he continues to stay strong and prove all the doubters wrong.

We need him.

I want him to be All he can be. As a Bills DE/pass rusher

• Agree 1

On 9/14/2024 at 10:06 AM, stuvian said:

after two years of stealing paycheques I will need to see a whole season out of Von before declaring him redeemed

He could have done a lot more damage to this WHOLE THING. Again, all things considered, this wasn’t easy on Von either. I think most of us know that. 

• Like (+1) 2

I have bad news.  The NFL is reducing Bruce Smith’s sack record total from 200 to 11.

It seems they are only counting sacks where he tossed offensive lineman into the stands, reached rushing foot speed of 20 mph or more, and collapsed quarterback lungs with shoulder pads into the ribs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/14/2024 at 1:06 PM, stuvian said:

after two years of stealing paycheques I will need to see a whole season out of Von before declaring him redeemed

I don't doubt that the 2023 season was a complete wash for Von, who looked worn out for most of it. However, in 2022, Von Miller was a top 6-10 pass rusher in the league. In the 11 games before his injury on Thanksgiving, Von had 8 sacks, which projects to about a 12.5-sack pace for a 17-game season. While 12.5 sacks is very good, though not elite, this pace was even more impressive considering that Von was in a rotational role, playing about 51.2% of the team's defensive snaps. For comparison, Myles Garrett, who recorded 16 sacks in 16 games that season, played 77% of his team's snaps.

So to say Von was stealing money in 2022 is just dead wrong, he was playing great for 11 games until he got hurt on a pseudo freak injury. Von also reworked his contract for 2024 to give the Bills some cap space and make his deal more incentive based and easier to rework/get out of in 2025.

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Neo said:

I have bad news.  The NFL is reducing Bruce Smith’s sack record total from 200 to 11.

It seems they are only counting sacks where he tossed offensive lineman into the stands, reached rushing foot speed of 20 mph or more, and collapsed quarterback lungs with shoulder pads into the ribs.

There were 11 plays like that?

10 hours ago, Neo said:

Ask Ken O’Brien.

Yep.

iDsYFs.gif

Or ask Boomer Esiason.  Bruce knocked him out cold as a Jet.   Or ask Bruce Matthews who gave up 4 sacks to Bruce in one game when the Oilers tried to put him at LT.

Bruce definitely raised the bar for what a 265# DE could do athletically.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep.

iDsYFs.gif

Or ask Boomer Esiason.  Bruce knocked him out cold as a Jet.   Or ask Bruce Matthews who gave up 4 sacks to Bruce in one game when the Oilers tried to put him at LT.

Bruce definitely raised the bar for what a 265# DE could do athletically.

Spin Move!