Von Miller proves the doubters wrong

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

I don't get why people are so down on Von.

The guy played great for us in 2022, tore his ACL, took an absolutely normal amount of time to come back fully.

He even gave money back after his knee didn't cooperate last year. 

Now he looks good again. This is something to be happy about, no?

I think most are down on the fact that the swing for the fences move didn’t work out (although it did pre injury- he closed that chiefs game ) and of course he gets a horrific injury. Bc you. Know. Billsy

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He was explosive off the snap tonight to my eye. Sunday was a lot of just pushing guys backwards which... I mean sure, has a value, but its a bit capped. Tonight he was beating people and looked explosive. In fairness Austin Jackson stinks, but even so.

The speed rush that got him the sack looked great.  And the spin move the replayed, though it didn't quite get home, was an absolute thing of beauty and forced a rushed throw.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, balln said:

Two things on that 

1) they were dealing w a hyper mobile qb / so to some degree wanted to keep in pocket / collapse it 

2) I said during GDT. He will look good / has gained a half step in speed again - and we’ll see production vs the tuas / rogers 

I think there is some truth to that. But I also think it was right from the snap he looked faster. Reactions and all. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

With all those incentives in his reworked deal it's like he's a salesman working on commission. Gotta close the deal to get the $$$.

And to get another bag from someone next season

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I came here to share this

I think his speed is back. There was at least one play where he won to the outside, but hesitated to put his leg in the ground and force himself back upfield to the QB. And it made me wonder if that was simply a mental barrier, of still needing to build back trust in his knee? We shall see, because if his physical traits are back and he just needs reps to regain his confidence, that bodes well for him this year. 

Edited by Motorin'

Advanced stats on him are no joke. He's looked dominant, the only caveat is that his snap count is low.  

I don't know if they'll ramp up his snap count as the season goes on, but it's incredibly encouraging to see Von perform at a high level again. 

• Like (+1) 1

I was as big a Von pessimist as anyone since his injury.  He obviously should not have been out there last season.  However last night what he did was very encouraging.  I say keep his snap count low.  Just use him on fairly obvious passing downs. If he can do the fast twitch stuff he is a real asset. Then later in the year or hopefully the playoffs use him as much as needed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

he’s under contract for three more years and I’ll run him out there at 38 if he’s 75 percent of what I saw last night. 

Not sure if that’s necessarily the case anymore.  According to spotrac it is, but I thought that the pay cut he took this season allowed us to get out after this season