Von Miller proves the doubters wrong

I don't get why people are so down on Von.

The guy played great for us in 2022, tore his ACL, took an absolutely normal amount of time to come back fully.

He even gave money back after his knee didn't cooperate last year. 

Now he looks good again. This is something to be happy about, no?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

That spin move was sick last night. And it came late in the game when he didn't really even need to do it.

But now it is on tape. OTs are going to have to be thinking about it, which will make the bull rush even harder to defend.

Keep him fresh for the playoffs. I'd still play him 30 or less snaps a game. 

Agreed, I want him 100% for playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

The guy played great for us in 2022, tore his ACL, took an absolutely normal amount of time to come back fully.

He's 35 coming off of a very bad year. It was obviously an injury but at 35, a whole year off is an eternity. He also looks a lot slower. I'm guessing that's why.

I think he's fine and I have very low expectations so I'm not necessarily down on him.. he's a rotation guy at this point.

I wasn't surprised that he looks good. I followed training camp and am a Shout! Insider and there were several instances in camp back in July where he would have would be sacks on Allen or was giving the Bills tackles fits. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

And he took a pay cut-  or did he?  He’s on pace to make all that money back-  all in all- considering the Von miller situation mid offseason, it looks like everything has played out in our best interests 

OBD and all of us will be quite happy to see von hit every performance bonus this year

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

He's 35 coming off of a very bad year. It was obviously an injury but at 35, a whole year off is an eternity. He also looks a lot slower. I'm guessing that's why.

How do you square him being slow with:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Pasaluki said:

How do you square him being slow with:

My view is at the bottom. I was answering his question on why people are down on him, as in, some of the stuff I've seen on the board.

Those numbers above are great. If he can come in rotation and rush 20 times a game with those numbers, I don't think anyone would complain. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

It's amazing, right? What did he have, 8.5 sacks in 8 games before he got hurt? Comes back from an acl injury, playing with a brace, obvious he isn't fully recovered and we think he forgot how to play football.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

Those numbers above are great. If he can come in rotation and rush 20 times a game with those numbers, I don't think anyone would complain. 

I definitely agree too that if we were looking at last year he really did look very slow and in hindsight should have not played last year so I'm not surprised people were pretty low on him. I definitely was and didn't think he would recover from it. But as I said I was seeing some really good signs in Training Camp and I realized this guy isn't a Mario Williams type of grifter he's an elite athlete who seems to still be motivated. It will be interesting to see but I agree if we can get a Leonard Floyd type of year it's going to help the Bills alot!

8 minutes ago, Pasaluki said:

I definitely agree too that if we were looking at last year he really did look very slow and in hindsight should have not played last year so I'm not surprised people were pretty low on him. I definitely was and didn't think he would recover from it. But as I said I was seeing some really good signs in Training Camp and I realized this guy isn't a Mario Williams type of grifter he's an elite athlete who seems to still be motivated. It will be interesting to see but I agree if we can get a Leonard Floyd type of year it's going to help the Bills alot!

Yeah man, for sure. I had / have low expectations. If he can become more than a rotational player again, wonderful. I don't think we need that, nor do I think McD/Babich is playing him more than that. 

One thing too, his contract can be void after this year, so he's in a defacto "contract year." I think he genuinely wants another SB and genuinely wants to chase the sack record (I think he's still quite a bit behind though). 

Follow up question: He pressured on 20% of his rushes.... what is league avg? Having trouble finding that. 

Edited by warrior9
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He was explosive off the snap tonight to my eye. Sunday was a lot of just pushing guys backwards which... I mean sure, has a value, but its a bit capped. Tonight he was beating people and looked explosive. In fairness Austin Jackson stinks, but even so.

Two things on that 

1) they were dealing w a hyper mobile qb / so to some degree wanted to keep in pocket / collapse it 

2) I said during GDT. He will look good / has gained a half step in speed again - and we’ll see production vs the tuas / rogers 

• Agree 1