Von Miller proves the doubters wrong

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He was explosive off the snap tonight to my eye. Sunday was a lot of just pushing guys backwards which... I mean sure, has a value, but its a bit capped. Tonight he was beating people and looked explosive. In fairness Austin Jackson stinks, but even so.

They weren't afraid of Tua running so the DL had more freedom. Miller was impressive tonight and showed the quickness I didn't see last week. Let's hope it continues.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He was explosive off the snap tonight to my eye. Sunday was a lot of just pushing guys backwards which... I mean sure, has a value, but its a bit capped. Tonight he was beating people and looked explosive. In fairness Austin Jackson stinks, but even so.

yea, it’s always tough to judge when live and against vastly inferior talent… but even worst case is that he is no longer the guy that’s vastly inferior himself. 

Admittedly my eye doesn’t always grab the individual performance so much as the differential vs the opposition when watching live which can make a night like this hard to judge in the moment 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Do you think last week the game plan was more contain Murray vs rush him? There was a couple times the cardinals ran at Von expecting him to rush himself out of the gap but Von was watching the backfield more than rushing and stopped them for a loss or very little gain if any. 

Theres been a decent amount of reports from camp that Von looked almost like he did pre injury. Did he lose that for a week then regain it 4 days later? 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

On Sunday I was encouraged by his bull rushes because he was getting good depth on them. As far as pushing guys backwards, often the great pass rushers start off with what I call engagement rushes... essentially trial balloons where they physically engage just to feel their opponents balance... like in martial arts. They'll sometimes do this repeatedly. Then when a crucial play is needed they either change speeds or dip into their repertoire of moves. In Sunday's @Shaw66 Rockpile Review topic I said that Von was "a force." Maybe a bit of an exaggeration but he's definitely on the come.

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Do you think last week the game plan was more contain Murray vs rush him? There was a couple times the cardinals ran at Von expecting him to rush himself out of the gap but Von was watching the backfield more than rushing and stopped them for a loss or very little gain if any. 

Theres been a decent amount of reports from camp that Von looked almost like he did pre injury. Did he lose that for a week then regain it 4 days later? 

Yea definitely think game plan can factor in. But also camp is very different to a real game. He might have just needed his legs underneath him. 

25 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'd go with 90+.

There were a couple times he won his rep and had a chance to plant hard and close then sort of stutter-stepped it instead; probably just being extra cautious with the game in hand but it felt like he's still thinking about it just a little.

I was about to say this as well. He’s doing well, but not fully trusting it yet.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Wtf was going on with that field it was like an ice skating rink 

I noticed it right away.  Couldn't believe it's in such bad shape so early in the season.  Crumbly and small chunks everywhere.  I think they had a lot of green painted dirt too.

I thought he was done.  Last night on a slick turf he seemed to have his old ability to beat the tackle after one step.

he also was out there taking snaps on first down and playing the run.  

So I  guess he is back to his old form.

And he took a pay cut-  or did he?  He’s on pace to make all that money back-  all in all- considering the Von miller situation mid offseason, it looks like everything has played out in our best interests 

• Like (+1) 1