Von Miller proves the doubters wrong

This could end up one of the all time dumbest overreaction threads ever.

If this ends up being only one of like 2 or 3 sacks all year, it'll keep getting bumped for the memes.

If he keeps showing out, getting pressure & racking up sacks consistently, there will a lot of crow to go around!

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Watching the all22 I thought his run defense was what stood out. I thought he was pretty good vs the run. His pass rush was still inconsistent and a bit one paced. But I will concede his play against the run was better than I appreciated watching the game live. 

I don't think you know what you're looking for when watching the all22. First you said Von didn't impact the game after watching the all22, now his run defense stood out? That's impacting the game. 

9 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

I don't think you know what you're looking for when watching the all22. First you said Von didn't impact the game after watching the all22, now his run defense stood out? That's impacting the game. 

Where did I say that? I only got through the entirety of the all22 last night. Until that point I'd only looked at a handful of specific plays that I wanted to dig into. His run game play was better on the all22 than I gave it credit for watching the game live on tv. His pass rush was still inconsistent and I still say his sack was a freebie. 

Where did I say that? I only got through the entirety of the all22 last night. Until that point I'd only looked at a handful of specific plays that I wanted to dig into. His run game play was better on the all22 than I gave it credit for watching the game live on tv. His pass rush was still inconsistent and I still say his sack was 

Page 7..

"I have watched the all22 back now. I don't think he was very impressive. He was fine (maybe fine is an upgrade from "meh" but I don't particularly intend it to be). He is definitely moving better than last year - I said that right at the start. But did he really impact the game? No I don't think he did."

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

gotta love these double and triple figure posters coming at Gunner, of all people. 

buncha 1 pump chumps.

How are those knees?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Page 7..

"I have watched the all22 back now. I don't think he was very impressive. He was fine (maybe fine is an upgrade from "meh" but I don't particularly intend it to be). He is definitely moving better than last year - I said that right at the start. But did he really impact the game? No I don't think he did."

Fair. I'd only focussed on the pass rush snaps at that stage. I was skipping through the run stuff. It was only last night that I literally went through the entire all 22 play by play. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

gotta love these double and triple figure posters coming at Gunner, of all people. 

buncha 1 pump chumps.

Everybody is open to criticism on this board. Just because someone posts a ton or has longevity on this board, their thoughts doesn’t always make them correct, including gunner and both of us. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

16 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Everybody is open to criticism on this board. Just because someone posts a ton or has longevity on this board, their thoughts doesn’t always make them correct, including gunner and both of us. 

To be clear I was very open to people disagreeing with me. What irritated me, and I confess I did allow myself to get irritated by it on Monday which probably kept the conversation going longer than it needed to - I rarely get wound up on this board but just caught me at the end of a ***** day - was the "you disagree with me so you must have an agenda" stuff. It's childish. Others think Von played better than I think he did. Fine. If they think I'm wrong, fine. I certainly don't think I am beyond reproach. But people constantly wanting to make it something more than a genuine difference of opinion wound me up. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BigDingus said:

This could end up one of the all time dumbest overreaction threads ever.

If this ends up being only one of like 2 or 3 sacks all year, it'll keep getting bumped for the memes.

If he keeps showing out, getting pressure & racking up sacks consistently, there will a lot of crow to go around!

Sounds like what the pundits (and the bookies) did about the Jets... one minute it's SUPER BOWL CONTENDERS and DIVISION WINNERS and now it's CAN THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS?

Smart fans recognize that you can't read into a team fully after the preseason or even after a couple of early regular season games. I fully expect we will learn a lot more about this team over the next month because of the schedule we play.

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

To be clear I was very open to people disagreeing with me. What irritated me, and I confess I did allow myself to get irritated by it on Monday which probably kept the conversation going longer than it needed to - I rarely get wound up on this board but just caught me at the end of a ***** day - was the "you disagree with me so you must have an agenda" stuff. It's childish. Others think Von played better than I think he did. Fine. If they think I'm wrong, fine. I certainly don't think I am beyond reproach. But people constantly wanting to make it something more than a genuine difference of opinion wound me up. 

It’s fine, I don’t really have a side here. I think nitpicking one play on all ends shouldn’t define how Miller played. It was a good play at the right time for sure and to me that’s all that matters. Idc who gets the credit but I think that’s my coach speak coming out. 

2 hours ago, BillsFan2313 said:

How are those knees?

This is what I was alluding to.  Gunner is one of several very informed posters who has deep football knowledge who clearly posts well considered thoughts and opinions. 

And then there is your output (see above).  

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

No one is arguing otherwise.  But all content is not the same.  I do believe some posters stand out, not necessarily per the quantity, but the quality of their output.  Gunner is one.  They low number posters responding to his take on this one sack, for instance, are not. Their arguments are simple, repetitive and derivative of each other. None of them are persuasive.

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Agreed.  A lot of people read a thread, and if they have an opinion they post it.  That leads to a lot of posts.

There are others that are on these forums probably close to as much, they read the same threads, put as much thought to them...and they DO reply if something new is to be added to the thread. If they are repeating what someone else said, a lot of those people just don't post.  They read as much, they add MEANINGFUL participation almost as much. They just aren't here to run up the 'post count'.

Great representation of what this board should be. I also admit it was small of me to keep poking and prodding.

In the future I will try my darndest to make sure any further posts in this thread by me aren't of that nature

Let's hug.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Great representation of what this board should be. I also admit it was small of me to keep poking and prodding.

In the future I will try my darndest to make sure any further posts in this thread by me aren't of that nature

Let's hug.

giphy.gif

Nah equally I snapped back at you in a way I wouldn't typically. Monday for lots of reasons had not been a great day my patience were less than they should have been. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The make up s*x is going to be amazing between you 3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Probably because people view you as one of the more reasonable people and also one of the smarter football people on the forum.  When your take doesnt align with what the rest of the world sees, it seems like an agenda.  This isnt a case of a few media people think Josh is bad and a few think he is great type of things. There isnt a person in the world that doesnt credit Vons effort for that sack.  Calling it a freebee sack diminishes his effort on the play.  No, he didn't physically tackle Murray, but he did still cause the sack.

• Eyeroll 1