Ten High Ranking Retired Military Leaders Declare Trump Is a "Danger To National Security"

https://www.axios.com/2024/09/09/generals-defend-harris-us-withdrawal-afghanistan

"The group accused Trump of leaving Biden and Harris with no plans to execute a withdrawal and little time to do so."

1: It's the job of those Admirals and Generals, and their staff, to draw up the plans

2: If the available plans aren't good enough, it's the job of the President and Vice President to NOT execute. That would be Biden and "last person in the room" Harris

3: IIRC, there was a Trump plan, and it involved leaving Baghram Airbase last, so the US would have total control over the exit.
But Biden and Harris canceled that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I know, not really trying to convert here, but there is also the thing about when you get the knife in them, twisting it a little...

No, Bush came to office determined to get the guy back who tried to kill his daddy

You are a Trump defender, totally.

More idiocy.

Absolute nonsense.

Simply not worth responding to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

NatSec experts: Hey, this has the earmarks of a Russian op though we cannot say it is that for certain

MAGA: The (((deep state))) wants to defeat Trump!!!

They knew it was verified authentic and lied. It is odd to me how people are happy to be lied to so long as the result is "good".

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

36 minutes ago, sherpa said:

More idiocy.

Absolute nonsense.

Simply not worth responding to.

Ja Crispy thinks the military overwhelmingly supports trump.  Is that what you've experience?

btw, was at a wine tasting.  asked the sommelier about trump wines.  One of the wines he served was from that region.  It was very good.  First Va wine I've really liked.  He thought trump's wines were good too.  

6 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

They knew it was verified authentic and lied. It is odd to me how people are happy to be lied to so long as the result is "good".

Me too.  There are many entire threads here that are meant to spread lies.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Ja Crispy thinks the military overwhelmingly supports trump.  Is that what you've experience?

btw, was at a wine tasting.  asked the sommelier about trump wines.  One of the wines he served was from that region.  It was very good.  First Va wine I've really liked.  He thought trump's wines were good too.  

Me too.  There are many entire threads here that are meant to spread lies.

Compared to Harris?

Absolutely they'd prefer Trump.

I don't think Harris could spell military.

Trump has said remarkably stupid things, ie. "I know more than the ..." but the bottom line is that he comes down on their side.

It's what he always does across so many subjects. Says really stupid things, then chooses the correct course.

I have no list of who this "list" of people who said he was a threat to national security is, and I'd like to see it, but i really don't get interested in those things as there are so many agendas.

Trump's wines are quite good. The group that runs the place is very good, and has nothing to do with him. The place has an interesting history, nothing to do with him, but I am quite familiar.

Gorgeous place, but many around here are.

They're about fifteen mins from me and we run into them at various events. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Compared to Harris?

Absolutely they'd prefer Trump.

I don't think Harris could spell military.

Trump has said remarkably stupid things, ie. "I know more than the ..." but the bottom line is that he comes down on their side.

It's what he always does across so many subjects. Says really stupid things, then chooses the correct course.

I have no list of who this "list" of people who said he was a threat to national security is, and I'd like to see it, but i really don't get interested in those things as there are so many agendas.

Trump's wines are quite good. The group that runs the place is very good, and has nothing to do with him. The place has an interesting history, nothing to do with him, but I am quite familiar.

Gorgeous place, but many around here are.

They're about fifteen mins from me and we run into them at various events. 

Against Biden polling showed only 37% voting for trump in 2020.  You think it changes that much with Harris?

18 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Against Biden polling showed only 37% voting for trump in 2020.  You think it changes that much with Harris?

I don't know.

What I do suggest is that she has absolutely no experience in this, is not a smart individual so will not enjoy a steep learning cure, and being a San Francisco Dem has a very bad, actually nonexistent, connection to any of this.

The reality is that she seems to be completely dependent on advice instead of knowledge, experience or core values, so whatever she thinks this week is from advisors that I have no idea of, and quite different from her past.

I have no idea who we are electing if she wins, but she seems to not not have the skills needed to do this, so we would be electing another group of back room Dem Party folks like have been running Biden for the last two + years.

Edited by sherpa

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I don't know.

What I do suggest is that she has absolutely no experience in this, is not a smart individual so will not enjoy a steep learning cure, and being a San Francisco Dem has a very bad connection.

The reality is that she seems to be completely dependent on advice instead of knowledge, experience or core values, so whatever she thinks this week is from advisors that I have no idea of.

I have no idea who we are electing if she wins, but she seems to not not have the skills needed to do this, so we would be electing another group of back room folks like have been running Biden for the last two + years.

Personally, I'd rather have someone who listens to advisors rather than fires them every time there's a disagreement.  The flip flopping is on both candidates.  Regarding experience, when trump was elected in 2016 he had none.  Kamala was a senator which is a traditional stepping stone to the presidency.

14 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Personally, I'd rather have someone who listens to advisors rather than fires them every time there's a disagreement.  The flip flopping is on both candidates.  Regarding experience, when trump was elected in 2016 he had none.  Kamala was a senator which is a traditional stepping stone to the presidency.

Depends on who the advisors are. She has never demonstrated any skill in anything, and also has a history of significant staff problems.

Trump is Trump. I think they have a much deeper bench in both economic and foreign policy areas, and if he is elected, I hope he has learned a bit from his first term chaos.

Her......I have no hope. I think she is the worst candidate for national office that I have ever seen, and evidently most of the country agreed with that point until she was installed.

Either way, barring some black swan event, one of them gets elected and we hope for rational candidates in four years. 

4 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

And we need to keep it that way. 
you need some truth serum. No reason to believe a thing you say. Another MAGA with a false identity. Do you dislike who you really are?

I love me, doc, I am just who I say I am!  But then again, I'm not a narcissist who is trying to cover his pain at losing 'career attention' with copious amounts of alcohol and "owning magas" on the interwebs.  

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I love me, doc, I am just who I say I am!  But then again, I'm not a narcissist who is trying to cover his pain at losing 'career attention' with copious amounts of alcohol and "owning magas" on the interwebs.  

So why lie about your education?  Alcohol?  I'm not the one drinking ten high rot gut.  I miss practice but even when practicing foot to the floor, I was owning MAGAs here.

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So why lie about your education?  Alcohol?  I'm not the one drinking ten high rot gut.  I miss practice but even when practicing foot to the floor, I was owning MAGAs here.

Oh doc, so much silliness to unpack here. 

1st, I went to the same school as you, but I wasn't ignorant enough to get brainwashed by the polisci apparatchiks. I was busy taking econ classes from Fitzy and Horowitz, or history courses from Culpepper (who often showed up drunk).  

2nd, yes, by what I read here your MD would tell you to ease up on the sauce. 

3rd, we've been over this several tests before, Tenhigh used to be a good well bourbon when I created this screen name decades ago.  Now, it's a blended whiskey, and I agree that its no longer very good. Weird thing to focus on, but you do you. 

Lastly, you should find a hobby that you are good at.  The only thing you are "owning" is a short attention span and hackneyed talking points. Retirement is too short, enjoy it while you can!

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

She didn't listen to her advisers when pulling out from Afghanistan.  But I guess to her credit she didn't fire them either...

And for 32 years before Obama got elected, every President who wasn't a VP first was a Governor.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

She didn't listen to her advisers when pulling out from Afghanistan.  But I guess to her credit she didn't fire them either...

And for 32 years before Obama got elected, every President who wasn't a VP first was a Governor.

I stand by my statement

To date, 17 senators have also served as president of the United States. Three senators, Warren G. Harding, John F. Kennedy, and Barack Obama, moved directly from the U.S. Senate to the White House.

Senators Who Became President - Senate.gov