MNF Thread Jets at 49ers - CMC INACTIVE

Big Blitz

What’s the problem with mason being told he’s starting on Friday. That doesn’t mean CMC was going to be inactive. 

what if the plan was to give cmc limited reps or use him in emergency only? 

I don’t know why they didn’t go that route once mason told the media he found out on Friday. 

• Like (+1) 1

The 49ers made the jets look bad, but let's see what new york looks like moving forward.

Their schedule looks like a pile of winnable games coming up.

While Rodgers looked really slow and clod footed, he did show a lot of competence. 

The jets defense got run over.  They are fortunate to get only 32 points against (maybe that's a credit to bend but don't break).  They only forced 1 punt and no turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The 49ers made the jets look bad, but let's see what new york looks like moving forward.

Their schedule looks like a pile of winnable games coming up.

While Rodgers looked really slow and clod footed, he did show a lot of competence. 

The jets defense got run over.  They are fortunate to get only 32 points against (maybe that's a credit to bend but don't break).  They only forced 1 punt and no turnovers.

The Jets had no pass rush…I’m not saying it’s not still a good defense, but they didn’t look like the same defense as last year.  I’ve seen a few people here say it’s more difficult to maintain a top defense for a long time in the NFL than a top offense…maybe that’s true.

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like the Jets will be 3rd again. I laughed everytime I saw someone predict them winning the division or going to the playoffs 😂 . They're a Mickey Mouse organization and I can't believe people were threatened by them. 

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Jets had no pass rush…I’m not saying it’s not still a good defense, but they didn’t look like the same defense as last year.  I’ve seen a few people here say it’s more difficult to maintain a top defense for a long time in the NFL than a top offense…maybe that’s true.

I think the loss of Huff was understated in the offseason. And then the idea presumably was offset some with Reddick but he is still holding out and I'm not sure he wants to be there.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the loss of Huff was understated in the offseason. And then the idea presumably was offset some with Reddick but he is still holding out and I'm not sure he wants to be there.

I thought Quincy Williams and Moseley had pretty bad games last night.  They were the best LB tandem in the league last year.

Paul Andrew Esden Jr on X: "#Jets HC Robert Saleh said the #49ers introduced them to some ‘championship football’ tonight but vowed that they will ‘get that s*** fixed.’ 😳 San Francisco finished with 180 rushing yards. Jordan Mason making his first career #NFL start had a career high 147 yards rushing. https://t.co/G1U84smIU8" / X

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Paul Andrew Esden Jr on X: "#Jets HC Robert Saleh said the #49ers introduced them to some ‘championship football’ tonight but vowed that they will ‘get that s*** fixed.’ 😳 San Francisco finished with 180 rushing yards. Jordan Mason making his first career #NFL start had a career high 147 yards rushing. https://t.co/G1U84smIU8" / X

If I'm game planning for the Jets, I script up a LOT of looks for Cook/Davis. Much like the Dallas game from last year where we just ran it down their throats. 

Jets are one of the only teams that holds Josh in check fairly well. It may just be the rare occasion where less Allen/more run is the key to winning.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If I'm game planning for the Jets, I script up a LOT of looks for Cook/Davis. Much like the Dallas game from last year where we just ran it down their throats. 

Jets are one of the only teams that holds Josh in check fairly well. It may just be the rare occasion where less Allen/more run is the key to winning.

If they don't beat the Titans on Sunday, the fire Saleh chants will be out in full force. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Purdy had a great game with some really nice throws against a good Jets defense. I think the “system QB” allegations might have been premature. Wouldn’t surprise me to see the 49ers back in the SB this season.

Purdy is so good. If he had been drafted in the 4th round, I don't think he gets all this "hes not that good" nonsense.

Teams missed on him in the draft. Simple as that. He also landed with the best possible situation. Both things can be true 

• Like (+1) 1

It seemed to me that the Jests defense has spent too much time basking in media adulation and not enough time preparing.   They got butt whooped ... and the offense was so pedestrian, there's no way it could bail them out.  Rodgers certainly didn't look like a super hero.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Very early in the game, I think when the Niners were trailing, one of the announcers actually said that Shanahan said that the way to beat the Jets' defense was to run between the tackles.  Boy, did they run between the tackles ... all game long. 

Edited by SoTier
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

What’s the problem with mason being told he’s starting on Friday. That doesn’t mean CMC was going to be inactive. 

what if the plan was to give cmc limited reps or use him in emergency only? 

I don’t know why they didn’t go that route once mason told the media he found out on Friday. 

The 49ers hid McCaffery's injury status which a no no. Some would say for competitive reasons but more likely for the gambling sites. I know it hurt my fantasy team as had I known Friday I could have adjusted my lineup. 

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

The funny thing is what is the difference?

The Jets were prepared for CMC but totally rattled when this dude showed up on the field?

Yea hard to believe they would’ve stopped CMC any better if he played lol. They were not winning that game no matter who started at rb

29 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Purdy is so good. If he had been drafted in the 4th round, I don't think he gets all this "hes not that good" nonsense.

Teams missed on him in the draft. Simple as that. He also landed with the best possible situation. Both things can be true 

What other system and situation do you think you could plug purdy into and he would be good? Definitely not ours. I think he could do pretty good in Miami because they run the same system and have insane weapons too. But that might be it. The inverse is true though that there’s lots of QBs that could do what purdy does in this system. Even guys like Brissett could do it.  But that’s the point. He has Shanahan dialing up plays where there are at least 2 elite weapons wide open on every single play. All he has to do is play action, turn around and pick which guy to throw to. Even Jimmy G did it for years. But this is even more insane when CMC is out there. Purdy is just along for the ride. 

56 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Purdy had a great game with some really nice throws against a good Jets defense. I think the “system QB” allegations might have been premature. Wouldn’t surprise me to see the 49ers back in the SB this season.

Chiefs vs 49ers again. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

1 minute ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

What other system and situation do you think you could plug purdy into and he would be good? Definitely not ours. I think he could do pretty good in Miami because they run the same system and have insane weapons too. But that might be it. The inverse is true though that there’s lots of QBs that could do what purdy does in this system. Even guys like Brissett could do it.  But that’s the point. He has Shanahan dialing up plays where there are at least 2 elite weapons wide open on every single play. All he has to do is play action, turn around and pick which guy to throw to. Even Jimmy G did it for years. But this is even more insane when CMC is out there. Purdy is just along for the ride. 

Chiefs vs 49ers again. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

I wouldn't count out the Lions to represent the NFC.

• Like (+1) 1