MNF Thread Jets at 49ers - CMC INACTIVE

Big Blitz

Tyrod has put together a nice little career for a 6th round draft pick…

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

Aaron Rodgers still hasn't finished a game as a Jet

He got a win against the Bills though…officially

• Haha (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is that in the rulebook or are you guessing? Why is a toe inbounds good but a heel isn't?

I'll post this too now that im on my computer

A.R. 15.104 Heel/toe

Third-and-10 on A30. A2 controls a pass and gets his left foot down in bounds at the 50. As his right foot comes down, the heel hits in bounds and in the normal motion of taking a step, his toes hit out of bounds. Officials rule complete.

Ruling: Reviewable. A’s ball fourth-and-10 on A30. Incomplete. Adjust clock if wound before review. If any part of the foot hits out of bounds during the normal process of taking a step (no drag or delay), then the foot is out of bounds.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Better than anyone else on offense by a mile is about a mile of stretch lol up there with the best? Yea maybe.  But way better than some of these other top offenses no way 

Maybe? Who is better? You’ll say KC but they don’t have the weapons and Shanahan is up there with Reid as far as playcalling. 

34 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

To be fair, wasn't it even longer that the Bills had won the division pre-Josh? 

Again, who cares? Are we somehow in 2015 again? 

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think the 49'ers have a Purdy good QB

I saw a Qb throwing to open revivers. More scheme and wr talent than the Qb himself 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Maybe? Who is better? You’ll say KC but they don’t have the weapons and Shanahan is up there with Reid as far as playcalling. 

Lol maybe it was just hyperbole but the ‘than anyone else by a mile’ part is what I was objecting to.  They could be the best I just don’t think the second best offense would be a big dropoff.  They opened at 4th in total yards and 6th in ppg week 1 so we’ll see what happens 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Unreal

A legalized gambling nation thanks you Shanny.  

Wow

This is on the Shanny and Lynch. 

Ridiculous they hid it…..even worse to not prep the kid what to say.  

He was clearly chewed out by Shanny (most likely) which spoils his big night.  

Just stop hiding the dam injuries already.

• Agree 4

Tuesday morning reflections:

1. Thanks to Kyle Shanahan for my fantasy win. When you are playing Jake Moody vs Brandon Aiyuk with a 2 point lead going in you do not expect to come out infront. But on this occasion I did! What a night for Moody and anyone who loves field goals :D

2. That 49ers roster remains stacked. I think it is the last year it will be stacked given cap and age issues and they are kind of all in on this season. But if they stay healthy they remain clearly the best team in the NFC to me. They will be hoping if they get back to the Superbowl it is anyone other than the Chiefs. 

3. A lot is made of Shanahan's ability to get production from late draft picks and UDFAs at running back but I am always impressed by his ability to get production out of offensive lines that are not full of day 1 picks. This isn't the Lions or the Cowboys doing it with first rounders. This is a bunch of day 2 and day 3 guys aside from Trent Williams. Rookie Dominick Puni had an impressive debut at right guard. 

4. I know the 49ers run on everyone but you can run on the New York Jets. They were 25th defending the run last year and while their yard per attempt was still respectable there are opportunities there if you stick with it against them. They play to stop the pass - which is the right priority in the modern NFL - but unless their offense improves at sustaining drives the risk of being easier to run on is the D is on the field a lot and eventually wears down.

5. And that Jets offense... it's like a set of baubels looking for a Christmas tree. Rodgers had some real nice throws. Wilson had that one drive where he was unguardable, and Hall (while poor tonight) will have some moments over the course of the season. But there is no structure. There is no method. It is like someone has constructed the gameplan by ripping pages out of the gameplans of all 31 other teams then jumbling them together. They will need to find some semblence of an identity to have success and not just rely on "give Rodgers time and he can make every throw."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

As for not preparing Mason to say the right thing, let’s remember that this is a team whose players — even their Harvard-educated fullback — didn’t even know the SB overtime rules.  

It appears Shanahan is really good at X’s and O’s but has trouble communicating with Jimmies and Joes. 

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BRH said:

As for not preparing Mason to say the right thing, let’s remember that this is a team whose players — even their Harvard-educated fullback — didn’t even know the SB overtime rules.  

It appears Shanahan is really good at X’s and O’s but has trouble communicating with Jimmies and Joes. 

Yea it's always been the knock on him. He is arrogant, aloof and not really a great communicator. He is a great play designer, probably the best of his generation and he is a really good talent evaluator too, he knows what specifications he wants for players at each position and can spot those talents in otherwise undervalued players. That helps his GM to build a sustainable roster. But his leadership isn't his calling card. 

• Like (+1) 1