MNF Thread Jets at 49ers - CMC INACTIVE

Big Blitz

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

No, it was 2002 with Chad Pennington. They never won the east with Sanchez.

My actual point was it was a lifetime ago and the OP said ‘Jets win the division again’. Chad Pennington, Sanchez or Testaverde no one really cares. 

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

OK, so the 9'ers took the safe play of kicking the FG and making it a 3 score game.

Can't fault that, but it's disappointing to get to the 5 yd line and settle for 3

16 point deficit is not a 3 score game

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Except they didn't.

But they pretty much ended the game anyway.  16 point game.  Jets need 2 TD and 2 2-pt conversions to tie, while in the middle there the 9ers get a chance to eat clock.

Theoretically, it could happen, but Rodgers would need a lucky horseshoe wedged up his ass for reals.

4 minutes ago, ALG1130 said:

Dreading playing them, because their D will be tough, and our D just looks so sad right now. I don't even think a team has to have a great offense to to run through our D, they just have to be decent.

Then again we will have tape on them, and I think our offense is a lot better then what people thought it would be. They are doing all of this without CMC. 

I guess what I am really trying to say is the Jets have been anointed as AFC East champs before the season started. I don't want this narrative to be true 🙄

I’m not sure the Marvin Harrison jr/kyler Murray cardinals offense is as far behind the 49ers offense without CMC as you think.  Held them to 80 yards and 3 points in the second half r-e-l-a-x as your boy Aaron would say lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

One that they knew wanted a new contract which they refuse to give him...which begs the question what kind of idiot GM makes that trade if they aren't willing to give him a new contract? Did he think he was bluffing? 😂

Yeah it’s all very strange. Only the Jets lol. 

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

My actual point was it was a lifetime ago and the OP said ‘Jets win the division again’. Chad Pennington, Sanchez or Testaverde no one really cares. 

To be fair, wasn't it even longer that the Bills had won the division pre-Josh? 

8 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

16 point deficit is not a 3 score game

No, technically it's not, but practically....

....2 point conversions have a 49.4% success rate.  And the 9'ers get a chance to eat clock in between

Those 3 points make it a difference between 2 TD plus a normal kick win it, to needing 2 TD plus 2 2pt conversions - big change in the odds

Edited by Beck Water
  • Awesome! (+1) 1