Kyler Murray on getting the ball to Harrison, Jr. "It's not my job"

17 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is more about a QB who isn’t following the media program that I’m sure they’re schooling him on.  Every other QB would say: “Marvin’s a competitor, good for him for wanting the ball to help us win games.  He’s a real weapon and I’m excited to see him in this offense and I’m sure we’ll look for ways to get him more involved.”

Josh sure follows that 'media program'. And guess what, it doesn't add unnecessary tension in the team, controversy and whatnot. Fundamentals are not just in blocking and tackling...

13 hours ago, glazeduck said:

I don’t understand this logic at all. 

Up to this point he’s caught hell for not taking football seriously enough. But now he answers a question indicating he’s taking it seriously and somehow that’s the wrong answer too?

How is he a bad leader by refusing to force the ball to one player instead of doing his actual job which is making the best decisions based on the gameplan and playcalls, regardless of who’s getting the ball?

Kyler Murray isn’t employed by Marvin Harrison Jr. Aren’t we the fanbase that’s been so excited all summer to not have Diggs’ diva drama? This sounds an awful lot like that…

EDIT: @MJS not trying to call you out specifically, just the most recent on this theme…

Not saying he is a bad leader, I don't know what kind of leader Murray is. 

Comparing the Diggs situation in Buffalo to the rookie (Harrison Jr) in Arizona is a bit disingenuous.  They are completely different situations.   A rookie playing his first game does not compare to a veteran All Pro team captain.  

Edited by Bob in STL

On 9/10/2024 at 5:28 AM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I am stunned that Kyler made such a ridiculous statement. The coach said that it was because of the Bills defense that Marvin Harrison, Jr. didn't have but 3 targets, but Kyler of course says no, that's not the case, directly contradicting his own coach. Looney tunes!

"“I wouldn’t say (the Bills) were taking him away,” the signal caller added when talking about Harrison’s lack of production. “As a quarterback going through your reads, sometimes the ball goes to him. It’s not my job. Obviously, I have a sense and a feel for the guys when they aren’t getting the ball and when they are getting the ball, but I leave that up to (offensive coordinator Drew Petzing). He tells me, ‘Don’t worry about that type of stuff. Just keep playing your game and get the ball where it’s supposed to go.'”"

https://arizonasports.com/story/3557494/marvin-harrison-jr-nonfactor-bills/

This comment was immediately postgame. It's not Kyler's responsibility to watch the Coach's comments so he doesn't say anything even slightly against him.

More, Kyler was NOT contradicting him. At all, really.

Kyler said this, "Obviously, I have a sense and a feel for the guys when they aren’t getting the ball and when they are getting the ball, but I leave that up to (offensive coordinator Drew Petzing). He tells me, ‘Don’t worry about that type of stuff. Just keep playing your game and get the ball where it’s supposed to go.'”

Gannon:  “They obviously were trying to take him away,” Gannon added while talking to reporters. “But we had a bunch of guys catch balls, so that’s how our offense is gonna be built. The ball should go where it should go depending on the coverage.”

There's no real disagreement there.