Kyler Murray on getting the ball to Harrison, Jr. "It's not my job"

10 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

This come across really dumb, because in some situations it definitely is his job. 

But what he's trying to say is correct, he just worded it like a dipsh*t. If he just left out "it's not my job," then everything else would've been fine. 

There might be some passive aggressive issue there. Maybe Harrison acts like he’s the next Jerry Rice (better than his pop) and Murray is saying you better catch the ball next time you get it. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Go through the progressions.  That’s football.  Maybe Marvin is always the 3rd or 4th option.  

So you mean the progressions where Marvin was WIDE OPEN for a touchdown and he didn't even bother to?

Yeah, REAL smart making your high first round pick a third or fourth option. Know who else did that? JOHN RAUCH with O.J. and he got fired.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Not surprising that he says something like this.

Harrison will be out of Arizona when his contract is up.

Maybe so but if he is as advertised and they franchise him twice, that will be in year 8.

This feels like much ado about nothing. Arizona likely came into the game with the plan to attack the LBs and safeties by feeding McBride and the RBs. Then Taron got injured and the plan likely became even more to attack those guys. Douglas and Benford are the only strength in the back 7 so the guys they were defending weren't featured much this week. Additionally, the commentators mentioned several times that we were shading safety help over to Harrison to make sure he didn't beat us. I'm sure Harrison will have big games moving forwards.

• Agree 1

This is coming from a quarterback who has had to have a study clause in his contract due to his video game addiction (believed to be Call of Duty related) https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10047006-kyler-murray-opens-up-about-criticism-from-study-clause-in-cardinals-contract#:~:text=NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported,the deal was subsequently scrapped. :https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/weamew/a_statistical_analysis_of_kyler_murrays/

With the recent news of Kyler Murray's (recently rescinded) study hall clause, rumors are rampant that Kyler Murray plays too much COD. I was wondering what statistical validity there might be to these claims, so I scoured the internet for past 2XP events and other promotional events across all Call of Duty console games. For simplicity, I am referring to all COD promotional events (2XP, 3XP, etc.) as a 2XP weekend. I cross-referenced this data with Kyler Murray's stats from Pro Football Reference and compiled it here.

Here are the results:

Passer rating

Murray's average passer rating on non-2XP weekends is 97.43 and 89.65 on 2XP weekends, showing a -7.77 difference on 2XP weekends.

Passing yards

Murray's average yards per game is 251 on non-2XP weekends and 245 on 2XP weekends, showing a -6 YPG difference on 2XP weekends.

Completion percentage

Murray's average comp% on non-2XP weekends is 67.29 and 67.17 on 2XP weekends, showing a -0.12% difference on 2XP weekends.

Win-loss record

Murray's record on non-2XP weekend is 18-16-1 (0.529) and on 2XP weekends it is 4-7-0 (0.360), showing a -0.169 win% difference on 2XP weekends.

Conclusion:

Kyler Murray's performance on 2XP weekends is worse in all categories. Clearly there is no explanation for Kyler's performance deficits other than that he's busy grinding for rare character skins and excessive amounts of XP. If you have any improvements to my shaky statistics work or if I missed an in-season 2XP weekend, let me know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is more about a QB who isn’t following the media program that I’m sure they’re schooling him on.  Every other QB would say: “Marvin’s a competitor, good for him for wanting the ball to help us win games.  He’s a real weapon and I’m excited to see him in this offense and I’m sure we’ll look for ways to get him more involved.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I am stunned that Kyler made such a ridiculous statement. The coach said that it was because of the Bills defense that Marvin Harrison, Jr. didn't have but 3 targets, but Kyler of course says no, that's not the case, directly contradicting his own coach. Looney tunes!

"“I wouldn’t say (the Bills) were taking him away,” the signal caller added when talking about Harrison’s lack of production. “As a quarterback going through your reads, sometimes the ball goes to him. It’s not my job. Obviously, I have a sense and a feel for the guys when they aren’t getting the ball and when they are getting the ball, but I leave that up to (offensive coordinator Drew Petzing). He tells me, ‘Don’t worry about that type of stuff. Just keep playing your game and get the ball where it’s supposed to go.'”"

https://arizonasports.com/story/3557494/marvin-harrison-jr-nonfactor-bills/

The knock on Murrey is he is not a good leader. 

This statement shows that.  

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is more about a QB who isn’t following the media program that I’m sure they’re schooling him on.  Every other QB would say: “Marvin’s a competitor, good for him for wanting the ball to help us win games.  He’s a real weapon and I’m excited to see him in this offense and I’m sure we’ll look for ways to get him more involved.”

12 minutes ago, Magox said:

It was inartfully expressed, but he wasn’t saying anything wrong.

See above.  I learned a long time ago it's not  just what you say but how you say it.

As a leader, it's not good.  

• Like (+1) 1

Regardless of his comments in his presser, I'm I the only one who thinks he looks like a pee wee player vs varsity out there?

He's literally standing up straight and is barely taller than his center while bent over ready to hike the ball.

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Murray is the “anti-leader”.  He is literally the worst possible leader for your team or your offense.  A terrible QB.  He is Doug Flutie without the canon for an arm.  

Plus he looks like a toddler when he runs,although he is an effective runner )

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Not for nothing, but it has to be so difficult for a "5'10" QB to see the whole field on any given play. perhaps we knew we could just force one side of the field. I mean if Groot is coming at you, that is boss level to see above/around him. 

Like Doug Flutie, more like 5’ 7”.

2 hours ago, HansLanda said:

Not for nothing, but it has to be so difficult for a "5'10" QB to see the whole field on any given play. perhaps we knew we could just force one side of the field. I mean if Groot is coming at you, that is boss level to see above/around him. 

He certainly  looks really small on that football field  and has more than a few batted balls.   Makes one question how competent the folks were who measured him in combine were or  if he cheated a bit with some type of elevator device in his socks lol. 

• Haha (+1) 1