Kyler Murray on getting the ball to Harrison, Jr. "It's not my job"

I am stunned that Kyler made such a ridiculous statement. The coach said that it was because of the Bills defense that Marvin Harrison, Jr. didn't have but 3 targets, but Kyler of course says no, that's not the case, directly contradicting his own coach. Looney tunes!

"“I wouldn’t say (the Bills) were taking him away,” the signal caller added when talking about Harrison’s lack of production. “As a quarterback going through your reads, sometimes the ball goes to him. It’s not my job. Obviously, I have a sense and a feel for the guys when they aren’t getting the ball and when they are getting the ball, but I leave that up to (offensive coordinator Drew Petzing). He tells me, ‘Don’t worry about that type of stuff. Just keep playing your game and get the ball where it’s supposed to go.'”"

https://arizonasports.com/story/3557494/marvin-harrison-jr-nonfactor-bills/

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It was really bizarre. I realize Douglas is a very underrated CB that locked down good WR's last season. But you would think he'd be looking his way as his first read with the WR core they have and what they paid to get him. Maybe his first throw hitting him in the hands and him dropping it put him in Kyler's doghouse for the rest of the game. But it was unbelievable to me that a.) We let MHJ run wide open to the endzone and b.) Kyler was scrambling around looking for an opening and didn't even look at him.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

. He tells me, ‘Don’t worry about that type of stuff. Just keep playing your game and get the ball where it’s supposed to go.'”"

https://arizonasports.com/story/3557494/marvin-harrison-jr-nonfactor-bills/

Ummm... So the coordinator tells him where the ball is supposed to go and MHJ is targeted 3 times. Which means the coordinator didn't want to feature their (presumed) studly, high pick WR? 

I am confused 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

It was really bizarre. I realize Douglas is a very underrated CB that locked down good WR's last season. But you would think he'd be looking his way as his first read with the WR core they have and what they paid to get him. Maybe his first throw hitting him in the hands and him dropping it put him in Kyler's doghouse for the rest of the game. But it was unbelievable to me that a.) We let MHJ run wide open to the endzone and b.) Kyler was scrambling around looking for an opening and didn't even look at him.

Not for nothing, but it has to be so difficult for a "5'10" QB to see the whole field on any given play. perhaps we knew we could just force one side of the field. I mean if Groot is coming at you, that is boss level to see above/around him. 

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

Ummm... So the coordinator tells him where the ball is supposed to go and MHJ is targeted 3 times. Which means the coordinator didn't want to feature their (presumed) studly, high pick WR? 

I am confused 

He meant to go through progression and deliver the ball to the open guy, wherever that may be. 

This came across really dumb, because in some situations it definitely is his job. 

But what he's trying to say is correct, he just worded it like a dipsh*t. If he just left out "it's not my job," then everything else would've been fine. 

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Not for nothing, but it has to be so difficult for a "5'10" QB to see the whole field on any given play. perhaps we knew we could just force one side of the field. I mean if Groot is coming at you, that is boss level to see above/around him. 

I think this may be the answer. When the Bills held their lanes and just squeezed the pocket, it looked like Murray was panicking and couldn’t see anything. 

• Like (+1) 2