Appreciation for New Kickoff Rules

Up until the game yesterday, I was adamantly against the new kickoff rules.  I thought the "landing zone" was contrived and severely limits if not eliminates any onside kick.  Watching the new kickoff was dreadfully boring/confusing during pre-season, but yesterday changed my mind.

Kickoffs are still exciting.  Granted we probably had the two longest returns to date under the new system but now if is a play I will watch and not assume it will be kicked out of the end zone.  Too many NFL kickers are just too good and consistent getting touch backs. 

The returns and coverage will continue top evolve all year.  I thought the pickup of Brandon Codington was bizarre but his one return was electric and he has already been  justified imo.

So we can partially eliminate the whining about McD/Beane getting players that are good on special teams.

I will actually watch kickoffs more closely now.  It will be interesting to see how many long returns or TDs we get in the NFL this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Because I am technologically inept, I have my kids solve thins for me.  I would appreciate it of you could move it.  Thanks.

No problem, already done.

But you might consider asking them if they have time to do some typing for you as well. :D

• Haha (+1) 2