Is Josh being asked to do more than ever this year?

Just seems like it's our franchise QB's 7th year and he's being asked to carry more of a load than ever (which is a lot). I know at a micro level people are excited about the win yesterday but this also seems like a mediocre roster overall that Josh is being asked to carry (as usual).

Thoughts?

Edited by KentuckyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s one game for god almighty.  Josh chooses some of these plays.  There’s only so much the coaches can hold him back.  Be grateful we have him, but then again, you have almost no posts so we’ll see how you post in the future.  Hopefully it’s not a flurry of doom and gloom.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Does this include Allen’s runs?

Allen averages 9 carries a game under Brady, but that includes the QB tush pushes which are likely at  least 2-3 of those per game. That still leaves 28 carries per game for the RBs

Edited by Big Turk

A little early to say after just one game. He wasn’t the leading rusher, for instance. With the changes at WR it wouldn’t surprise me if his workload is increased as the season progresses. Just a bit soon for such a conclusion. 

They had more handoffs to RBs yesterday than they did passing attempts. Also, on Josh's two rushing TDs yesterday:

1. RPO, a play that every team in the NFL runs now.
  2. Not a designed run, but the field opened up and he took the green space. He went through his full progression. 

Stop listening to Cowherd. He only watches highlights from the broadcast angle. Instead, get NFL+ to get the all-22 and see for yourself.

• Agree 2

I love how we had so many guys catching the ball - and there is more talent out there than I thought.  Beyond that, Samuel & Kincaid didn't do much, and I'd expect them to be much more involved going forward.

We also have a strong running game. Cook looks really good, and I loved what Davis did w/ his touches.

But JA still runs the offense, and makes the biggest plays.  You can say other QB's do the same for their teams - but it's just not at the same level, imo.  When I see the Chiefs, it's not a stretch to say that they'd still be a playoff team without Mahomes.  No way I'd say that about the Bills without Allen.