Taron Johnson ruled out for Dolphins game

Virgil

35 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

You really better bite your damned tongue and go take a look at the depth chart before you wish harm on those guys. 

You really wanna see Baylon Spector trying to play for Matt Milano?  Seriously?

You’re looking past my point- maybe I should’ve been more clear.  I wish Dorian, Rapp or Damar would’ve been the ones being injured as opposed to Milano and Taron getting injured 

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Rapp really needs to be reigned in...his constant friendly fire hits continue to injure his own players

At least he doesn't get a 15 yard penalty for hitting his own teammates. 🤦

He is heading to IR.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Cam was fortunate he didn't get flagged twice yesterday. 

Disagree. Cam was very good. Ingram was lucky not to draw a penalty.

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Rapp is such a liability.  

He stinks so bad. The sooner they can get Edwards and Bishop healthy and up to speed the better. Those two safeties starting yesterday have no business starting in the NFL in week 1 for anyone. 

• Agree 2

4-6 weeks sounds about what everyone was expecting.  

It’s going to be up to our DL to get the Defense through this tough gauntlet without Taron and while we get our Safety situation figured out. 

Luckily Bernard and the two outside corners are all really good. 

Wouldnt be a Bills season without top tier defenders missing a ton of time. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

McDermott was just on 10 minutes ago and provided zero timeline or detail on what the injury is, and said they are still doing tests.

There may be a few variables at play. But I'm confident the organization has a good idea where a forearm injury is at on day 2

Just now, BearNorth said:

I know the Bills have cap problems, but is Micah Hyde, even at his advanced age, a better option than Rapp or Hamlin?

Not trying to sound naive but it would be great if we could bring Hyde onto the practice squad. I know they’ll have to release a younger player but he’s a solid option in a ‘break the glass’ emergency IMO

4 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

I know the Bills have cap problems, but is Micah Hyde, even at his advanced age, a better option than Rapp or Hamlin?

I mean we should have better options than both already on the roster. Really hope that the plan is to start getting Edwards and Bishop involved after the mini bye. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Taron Johnson confirmed out for the Dolphins game.  A friend of mine said he heard McD on radio say TJ is looking at a 4-6 week injury, but I cannot confirm that anywhere else.  

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-say-qb-josh-allen-cleared-to-play-vs-dolphins-cb-taron-johnson-ruled-out

McDermott never said that.  He said TJ was out for Miami and he wasn’t going to discuss anything further.  It sounds like a complete guess on his part.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is heading to IR.

Disagree. Cam was very good. Ingram was lucky not to draw a penalty.

He stinks so bad. The sooner they can get Edwards and Bishop healthy and up to speed the better. Those two safeties starting yesterday have no business starting in the NFL in week 1 for anyone. 

Agree.  I think neither of our starters were in yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to Taron Johnson ruled out for Dolphins game
14 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

How many more teammates does this idiot have to hit before getting him off the field? He's replacement level without the baggage, why sign him for multiple years? Stupid all around. 

It's 3rd down right at the sticks and he's trying to either force the ball out with his hat or stop him short and force a punt.

Rapp did nothing wrong, it was just bad luck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Prospector said:

We get rid of Edmunds blind spearing of our own players, just to replace it with Rapps terrible body control. Can't he keep his eyes open when he hits?!

Said it last year Rapp is a liability. He's a heat seeking missile with no coverage sense and now he’s getting his own teammates hurt

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Said it last year Rapp is a liability. He's a heat seeking missile with no coverage sense and now he’s getting his own teammates hurt

Saying it twice does not make it more true.

20 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

If it's a forearm, I would think that a fracture is about the worst case scenario.  If it's a simple fracture, six weeks would be about we could expect he would be out.  A compound fracture would be another story. 

From experience it depends if both bones are broken and whether break is clean or not.   I broke both bones and was back in 6 weeks without surgery. 

Taron could have pins put in to help with healing and other professional recovery aids.

10 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Saying it twice does not make it more true.

From experience it depends if both bones are broken and whether break is clean or not.   I broke both bones and was back in 6 weeks without surgery. 

Taron could have pins put in to help with healing and other professional recovery aids.

I assume that if one or both bones, while fractured, are not displaced, doctors will not risk surgery to do anything fancy.  I certainly don't have any medical credentials to say anything with authority,  I don't know if there are alternatives they can use to the good old fashioned plaster cast.  Maybe there are things that are lighter and thinner that would allow Johnson to player a little sooner than 6 weeks (if it is indeed a simple fracture.  I think we'll know at least a little more tomorrow.  I doubt the team will tell us a whole lot though.  It's not in their DNA to be very open.