Taron Johnson ruled out for Dolphins game

Virgil

Taron Johnson confirmed out for the Dolphins game.  A friend of mine said he heard McD on radio say TJ is looking at a 4-6 week injury, but I cannot confirm that anywhere else.  Sounds like he was just making crap up

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-say-qb-josh-allen-cleared-to-play-vs-dolphins-cb-taron-johnson-ruled-out

Edited by Virgil
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

A friend at work saying he heard on the radio that TJ is out 4-6 weeks, but I can't find confirmation online anywhere.

If this is wrong, I'll delete

wouldn't surprise me...how many things could it be other than a fracture/break or a ligament/tendon injury with a forearm...don't have a lot of options with that.  None of them are fast healing.

Rapp really needs to be reigned in...his constant friendly fire hits continue to injure his own players

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to Taron Johnson ruled out for Dolphins Game (Unconfirmed rumor out 4-6 weeks)

We have 2 all pro caliber defenders-  both injured.  Bad luck.  Why couldn’t it be Rapp, Dorian or Damar?  

Let’s hope Cam Lewis can keep us afloat during this tough stretch of games

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

We have 2 all pro caliber defenders-  both injured.  Bad luck.  Why couldn’t it be Rapp, Dorian or Damar?  

I just threw up in my mouth a little

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It's so odd, wishing someone gets hurt isn't it?

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He's probably not a fit but I can't help but think I'd rather have Elam in that spot, tackling concerns and all.

• Agree 1

As others said, if this is true this is better than multi month absence.  

We have solid depth at corner.  Even though Taron is an all-pro, Lewis stepped up admirably yesterday.  Ingram filled that dime role (which would have been Cam), solid as well.

Hardy will likely get a call up.  He's a natural nickle, and has potential to be a future starter IMO (just caught in a numbers game at cut down).

Next man up.  Our defense needs the DL to play like they did in 2nd half, have better adjustments quicker.

EDIT: game of attrition.  We need to make the playoffs, but have our key players healthy for that 4 game stretch.

Edited by MasterStrategist

39 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yeah I was really down on him after the JJ fiasco but he was solid last year.  He’s putting in work. We have good DB coaches.  Maybe he’ll continue to improve.  Love the story of having 2 UB guys in there playing big snaps, but it’s not ideal. 

41 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It's so odd, wishing someone gets hurt isn't it?

lol.  I didn’t feel good about myself as I hit enter, but I want to win a Super Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Cam was fortunate he didn't get flagged twice yesterday. 

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

You really better bite your damned tongue and go take a look at the depth chart before you wish harm on those guys. 

You really wanna see Baylon Spector trying to play for Matt Milano?  Seriously?

• Like (+1) 1