9 Receivers Catch A Pass! Bills record?

GASabresIUFan

15 hours ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

In 2022 I think 13 different Bills caught a touchdown.

Look through those box scores you'll find at least 8 games with 9 guys catching the ball.

Should have been an NFL record 14 if not for Tawain Jones drop

14 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Well I answered my own question pretty quickly.  I went to https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201809160buf.htm  and found that Josh actually completed passes to 10 different receivers in his 2nd NFL game and 1st start.  We lost 31-20 to LAC, but Josh was 18/33 for 245 1 TD and 2 Ints.   The receivers were McCoy (4/4 29 yds), Chris Ivory (1/2 30 yds), Marcus Murphy (1/5 7 yds), Zay Jones (2/3 63 yds), Robert Foster (2/3 30 yds), Clay (2/3 29 yds), Pat DiMarco (1/1 24 yds), Benjamin (2/3 19 yds & a TD), Logan Thomas (1/1 7 yds) and Jason Croom (2/4 7 yds).  Honestly I have no memory of Marcus Murphy and Pat DiMarco. 

DiMarco was another useless FB

No idea who Marcus Murphy is/was. Maybe he was an OL that caught a deflected pass???

Now we need games where 9 players ran the ball as well.

15 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

I'm pretty sure that Josh has had double-digit number of receivers before, but I couldn't find any info online to corroborate.

Agree. I remember a game with 10 players getting catches but did not save the info.

18 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Surprised by the low snap count for Shakir, and really surprised by the even lower snap count for Samuel. 

The low snap count and targets for Shakir is criminal. He needs to ball at least 5 touches a game, that is the bare minimum. He's always making plays.

I love the snap count for Coleman. He looks like an NFL receive out there, sure maybe not some crazy burner, but there's nothing I see that makes me think he's slow.

I'd like Davis to take Johnson's carries, he looked quick, decisive, and powerful out there

It's going to be fun watching different guys make plays and the offense develop throughout the year.