Defensive line play

TD716

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Have you looked at their snap counts from yesterday?  

81%-  Ed

74-  Daquan 

78-  GR

The cards had 80 yards of offense in the 2nd half.  Our DL was the main reason that happened 

Fans are just so bothered by the dline rotation that virtually all teams in the NFL do. But because the Bills do it, it is wrong...

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TD716 said:

Rousseau was switched over to the right side a few plays yesterday to help solve the problem. Last year when Epenesa was on the field the opposing coordinator would always run at him

Seemee tome like he was only on the right side when Aj was out and von was in.  Von prefers to rush from the left.  Maybe I’m reading too much into it. 

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The Bills using a rotation on the DL is a myth and has been for about 2 seasons. 

Did you read the snap count before posting?

Oliver 82%, Rousseau 79%, Jones 74%. - Those guys are and have been the primary starters, but even they rotate out 20-25%.

Epenesa 62%, Miller 48%, Johnson 21%, Carter 11%, & Toohill 18%.  

This what a rotation looks like.  Your best players play the most, but subs play consistently with some playing more than others.

This is opposed to the DB’s where Douglas, Benford, Rapp and Hamlin each played 100% of the D snaps.

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

Fans are just so bothered by the dline rotation that virtually all teams in the NFL do. But because the Bills do it, it is wrong...

While also ignoring the fact that we don’t have any premier dominant DLmen.  Most of the DL around the league that have the highest snap counts are the best of the best. We have in if them.  If we did, their snap count would be higher.  I expect GR and Ed to play 75% plus this season

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The Bills using a rotation on the DL is a myth and has been for about 2 seasons. 

It isn't a myth. It's just that pretty much all teams do it.

• Agree 1

Well, the Cardinals did have the number one running offense in the league last season in terms of yards per carry.  I'm not saying there isn't room for the Bills d-line to improve its run defense, but who they are playing does have something to do with it.

13 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

THIS IS NOT TWITTER

Even twitter is not twitter.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

It isn't a myth. It's just that pretty much all teams do it.

Yea. I crunched the numbers last year. The Chiefs are an outlier. Three of their four starters played 70% plus. The majority of the other playoff teams had one guy above 70% another guy in the 60% range and then 3 or 4 guys around high 40s low 50s.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Did you read the snap count before posting?

Oliver 82%, Rousseau 79%, Jones 74%. - Those guys are and have been the primary starters, but even they rotate out 20-25%.

Epenesa 62%, Miller 48%, Johnson 21%, Carter 11%, & Toohill 18%.  

This what a rotation looks like.  Your best players play the most, but subs play consistently with some playing more than others.

This is opposed to the DB’s where Douglas, Benford, Rapp and Hamlin each played 100% of the D snaps.

Not only did I read the snap counts, I'm able to comprehend what I'm seeing and understand the context. I'm not so sure you are doing the same.

There's a huge difference between guys getting a series or two off and coming out for a few snaps during a long sustained drive and a "DL Rotation". Typically, where there's a true rotation happening your top guys are seeing snap counts in the 55-60% range. There's also sub packages where the player grouping is determined by the down and distance. DL is very down and distance dependant as well. You have guys that are better/worse at one aspect that may see snaps or see them come out based off that. But that's NOT what a "dl rotation" is. 

Comparing snap counts of DL to DBs is comparing apples to basketballs.