Super Bowl Halftime Acts That Will Never Be .

T master

Big name orchestra playing snippets of all the NFL music over the decades.

Network theme music, NFL Films music, "Alcoa fantastic finishes and you make the call" starting music.

All this while the big screen shows plays and scenes accordingly.

Maybe have female and male dancers dressed in all the NFL uniform colors.

Celebrate football at its biggest show.

52 minutes ago, Danger Mouse said:

I'd absolute love, just for once, for there to be no halftime show. 

I couldn't hate it more. There's a game going on. And you completely disrupt that focus for a load of superstar bullsheet. Then the second half begins and it feels like the third event of the evening. I just hate it. Like all the fuss about the ads. The game is the game. It doesn't need the show stolen.

Set up a nation wide High School Marching Band competition, winner plays the SB. Over the last 30 years they have really hurt the game between pre game, the media frenzy and the two weeks between games I get burned out and bored. Halftime the marching band play 15 minutes and it’s over start playing the 2nd half. I’m with you.

1 hour ago, T master said:

My first band that we usually here during every game but as far as i know have never performed at the SB that i thought would have been very cool to see is AC/DC ! I think that would have been a great half time show but they have both things against them . Their age & a lot of their members have passed away and i don't know that Brian Johnson's pipes are as g

ood as they once were .

One, I like all kinds of music (except not a big fan of country), so excited about Kendrick Lamar. 

But I do love AC/DC and one of my dreams was to see them live and I was lucky to have gotten the chance at Coachella like 5 or 6 years ago and they crushed it.  In the 10 Coachella's I have attended, they are easily top 5, probably top 3 favorite performances ever.  And you see a lot of performances at Coachella given its 3 straight days of lineups across 5 stages from like noon to midnight, and they are still one of the best ones I have seen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Looking at the list of performers, the first real contemporary commercially successful A lister was Michael Jackson Super Bowl 27, perhaps with the way paved by Whitney Houston’s unforgettable anthem in Super Bowl 25.  Before that it was usually a marching band or an up with people like act. 

I want Led Zeppelin with Jason Bonham on drums.  

But I'll likely see a Bills team in the SB before I see Led Zep perform at one.  

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If TBD controlled the halftime show...

senior-people-playing-in-a-band-an-an-el

Guilty as charged!

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1